• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ace Denial

discjon

Birdie Member
Just a funny story that happened today at Brockport's disc golf course. My brother and I were playing, and were on hole 16, which is around 175'. He throws an aviar, hits chains DEAD center and bounces out. We both yell, and laugh it off. We step up to hole 17, around 150', and I throw my magnet, hit the top of the basket and am denied.

They're definitely the two shortest holes on the course, but hitting chains/metal one after another was pretty cool!

I had a similar experience just a couple weeks ago. Hole7 at the Radcliff DGC in Radcliff, Ky. It is approx 270ft, downhill anhyzer shot, threw a beautiful little annie down the hill. I saw it heading for the basket, adrenaline kicked in, I was sure it was going in.

DENIED!, hit about 1" below the top of the cage and bounced about 60ft away. Didn't even get a deuce out of it. Exciting and disappointing at the same time.

I splashed out of 17 and the hit the pan on 18 one day. The funny thing was I had just met up with a group of 6 of my friends on hole 15 and I made ten bucks off of 2 metal hits in about 4 minutes. Good stuff

Ace Denial is a part of life. I reallt enjoy when crushing the chains hard results in a roll of 75-100 feet. From ace to par.......or worse in some instances.

06? Mr. Jims Carrollton Open $1000 ace pot, Jason H. hit the top of the basket on hole A. As he is walking from the tee getting high fives from our group I watched his disc roll into the creek. I think he took a 4. It sucked having to tell him. "dude, it rolled into the creek"

There's this video somewhere where someone (Elaine King, I think, but don't hold me to that) hurls a drive down a mountainside on some freakishly long hole - 750-800-foot range - and spanks the chains. It takes the disc a good long time to travel down the mountain and all the time you see it gliding past these evergreens ... really impresive ... and when it finally hits the chains there are a few guys standing around and they just jump every which way. The disc doesn't go in but ma-a-an, what a shot.

Since getting my first ace back in January I have found a way to brush past so many chains that it isn't funny. Luckily for me none of these instances resulted in my disc rolling away.

What about hitting dead in the middle of the chains on a short birdie and being denied? Happens way too often.

My SSS Wizard quite comically screwed me the other day at Yargo. I believe it was 9 but don't quote me...the basket is next to a path down to the next tee. I putted and hit the top and usually the Wiz will just flop and pancake on the ground...this time it stood up and rolled down that whole f'n path...like a good 75' or so and came to rest right at the next tee.

Just watching it mosey down there was frustrating and funny at the same time.

I was playing a course in the knoxville area today and aced hole 5 and then on the second round I come up to the tee pad and try my hardest not to think of my last shot knowing that the odds of hitting another ace are damn near impossible. So I rear back and let her rip and boy did I think I had another ace comin, only to hear it hit the cage part of the basket. Disappointing but hey at least I got one ace today!

I had somewhat of a similar experience. I teed off first on a 182' downhill hole and hit the chains nearly dead center thinking I had my first ace but only to see it blow through. My brother teed off next on the same hole and had hit the basket dead center and his disc dropped right under the basket. We about had back to back first aces. Since then, I have aced the hole twice:D

My SSS Wizard quite comically screwed me the other day at Yargo. I believe it was 9 but don't quote me...the basket is next to a path down to the next tee. I putted and hit the top and usually the Wiz will just flop and pancake on the ground...this time it stood up and rolled down that whole f'n path...like a good 75' or so and came to rest right at the next tee.

Just watching it mosey down there was frustrating and funny at the same time.

I really hate those extremely slow roll aways, where all you can do is watch the disc get further from the basket for what seems like forever.

Still waiting

I haven't thrown an ace yet but I have come very close many a time. This season alone I have had close to 6 aces four of which where thumber throws that just bounced a little to low. The most disappointing was about a week ago. I was on my favorite course (not a very long course, the hole was maybe 175'), I threw and watched it come down on top of the basket. So close, hopefully soon though.

On a par 3, I get more excited about the 2 strokes I gain on my competitors than hitting the ace itself. Too competative, too competative.

Latest posts