• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ace Race Results

chucka

Par Member
I know there was at least 1 ace race this past weekend from what I read.

Anyone here play it? how was it? How many aces were thrown?

Our winner had 2 aces, and there were four others that I know of that hit one ace. I never got two of the cards back and they left as soon as they finished, so I think that was all the aces. I hit solid chain twice on the wrong side of the basket and had a few other shots that just missed. I do like the discs and had a good time!

Glad to hear it.
I'll be running an Ace Race in Wilmington, NC in October.
Did you do any CTP's or any other special prize gimmicks?

a guy that was playing league while at was at the course had 3 aces in one day...absolutely ridiculous

I thought about doing a CTP, but if you go for a CTP, you are not running for an ace. A few people stayed after and we played a normal round.

Last year our local Burger King gave us 18 coupons for single menu items (Double Whopper, large drink, large fries, things like that) and I put them up for CTPs during the first round. Some people won 2 or 3 CTPs, giving them a nice free lunch, and it seemed like everyone really enjoyed the idea that you didn't have to win the Ace Race to walk away with something...looking into more sponsorship for this year, preferably something extra I can include with every player's pack, as well as more CTP prizes and our portable basket raffle with lots of other schwag.