• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Aces with no disc golf witnesses... and a near ace! (with video)

chowee21

Par Member
I've been playing for about 7-8 months and have 2 aces.... both were made with no one with me (a jogger saw one of them and said nice shot, but he wasn't actually playing disc golf so it doesn't really count) :wall:

I was recording to review my form and got close.... but no cigar...

It hit the left side of the chastity belt...

It'd be nice if I could have someone with me to sign my disc or at least see that I ACTUALLY did get an Ace... I feel like I'm telling big fish stories to my normal disc golf crew haha :doh:

https://vimeo.com/128839265

All five of mine were to an audience of one.

Well, I think a squirrel may have seen one of them, but try getting one of those to sign your disc.

Given that 95% of my rounds are solo, when I finally do card an ace, I'm convinced it will go unwitnessed.

When a tree falls in the woods...

Two of my last three aces were while I was playing solo. I also have an ace on video!

I still whooped and hollared when I got the Aces. The other folks in the park must have wondered what is that old lady yelling about.

1 of my aces had like 30 witnesses. It was a great feeling.
The solo ace was nice too, but it's not nearly as satisfying.

Two of my last three aces were while I was playing solo. I also have an ace on video!

I still whooped and hollared when I got the Aces. The other folks in the park must have wondered what is that old lady yelling about.

If there were any other disc golfers on the course, you can count them as witnesses. We all know that sound, and that it could only come from someone who just hit an ace.

50 % of my aces happen in tournents. The last one happened on a hole right before a major back up so that was cool.

I do have two aces that were solo. Still feels good.

Aces don't count if another disc golfer doesn't witness it. Chubby aces are aces when witnesses are not present

But its always nice when you have at least one person to say, yeah Andrew aced this hole last time or a couple weeks ago, when you have more in the group in the future

90% of my rounds are solo hit quite a few over the past five years but only a handful were witnessed and none during a tourney. But yeah feels like telling a "big fish" story for sure. Still chasing that elusive Thumber ace, got just about every other type.

Aces don't count if another disc golfer doesn't witness it. Chubby aces are aces when witnesses are not present

I could care less if people are around to witness my ace. it feels great when someone else is there, but it is not at all necessary to validate that it happened. Also, Cubby aces are when you throw a ton of discs until you land in the basket, not when no one is around.

2 out of my 13 were witnessed, but only one with people I was actually playing with and that did feel awesome. One of the guys in the group didn't realize what happened though. Two of us were freaking out and the third guy was wondering why.