• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Aces

Marv Vega

Birdie Member
After playing for over 6 years I've still never had one, have seen a couple but never logged one for myself. Hit the "basket" tray once and have barely missed more times than Shaq has missed free throws though. Today, playing a smaller course, Limona DGC, I missed three by a grand total of about 15 feet, easy birdies anyway. I almost feel that not having an Ace yet helps me keep focussed on the course and makes me play better. If I finally get the provebial ace than my fear is that I'll lose my focus and play like crap. Anyone else feel the same way?

Getting your first Ace will not cause you to lose your concentration, you'll want the next one so bad that you'll concentrate even more!!

I think it just takes the stress out of your drive. I'm still as motivated as ever after recently hitting my first. I just have more confidence that I can repeat it and can't wait to step up to the pad.

i think its a def confidence booster....and like free tech said, youll be wanting another so bad youll try even harder...thats when the mistakes start to happen...lol you end up getting tunnel vision and making bad shots trying to make it trough near impossible lines....if it makes you feel any better most pros dont go for aces, they go for birds...the odds are a lot better :)

I know it is probably not a good indicator of your skill but it would be nice to have one or two. I don't really give myself much of a chance though because I usually play the longest set up that the course offers when I play. That being said there have been a few near misses.

Glad to hear getting the first one is a motivator for everyone, can't wait to get mine. I'm usually confident and carefree on the teepad, you guys are probably right the first ace will boost my confidence and improve my drives more.

I just hit my second one about an hour ago, and now I want my third one more that I wanted my second one. You will just keep wanting more.

I just hit my second one about an hour ago, and now I want my third one more that I wanted my second one. You will just keep wanting more.

you woke up and went to play and came back by 11:30? geez.

Aces are just bad shots getting lucky. Don't sweat not having one.

From the pictures that looks like a very nice hole to have an ace on. Well done.

Its just like anything else in Disc. You have to try and keep that nice even keel. Hit your first one and just keep on trucking, celebrate a little then finish up your round and do your big celebration later with some good beer. easy mode