• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Air tires VS Foam tires

McLovin

Bogey Member
I'm currently building a "delta style" cart. I'm at the stage where I need to order some wheels and I can't decide on what to get. I know they each have there positives and negatives, but I would like to get some opinions from some of you who have had experiences with one or both styles as this is going to be my first experience with a cart. Trying to make an educated decision the first time.

I bought my zuca had some leaking issues after a month but i upgraded to heavy duty innertubes and have had no problems going on almost year. So i would say go with whats in your budget otherwise go with the peace of mind of foam.

Sent from my SM-T237P using Tapatalk

I replaced my Delta's tires with solid tubes and love it. The cart rolls a lot better despite the extra weight.

flat tires = no fun

Actually depends where you use it. Ive heard complaints from people where air tubes can be "bouncy" on the delta when full playing hard pack rocky courses where a player preferred flatter tires.

Air just holds more weight in general so if you are not a huge person shouldnt matter either way.

I'm currently building a "delta style" cart. I'm at the stage where I need to order some wheels and I can't decide on what to get. I know they each have there positives and negatives, but I would like to get some opinions from some of you who have had experiences with one or both styles as this is going to be my first experience with a cart. Trying to make an educated decision the first time.

Just get these and thank me later.

Pneumatic tires are generally going to be heavier. The ones linked above are what you want if you decide to go non-pneumatic. At the size tire and load range you are looking at, the only thing you should be worrying about is weight and quality of bearings.

I have a ridge roller and currently live in the desert. It was a no-brainer to replace my inner tubes with an airless tube. The cart feels heavier with the new tubes but rolls just fine.

I'm new to the cart game. One of the first things I did was replace just one of the inner tubes with 1/2 rubber pipe insulation (as opposed to foam). I've noticed zero difference while rolling. Maybe if I paid attention, I could notice some subtle differences. I can tell the difference when I sit down. The air tire firms up making that side feel more stable. Once all my weight is down, it's back to not really feeling a difference. I might get something firmer in the future.

Latest posts