• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] All MVP Bag: tips, suggestions and fun.

jcassidy1990

Reptilian Disc Golf
I did some searching and couldn't find a thread that was designated solely for the MVP fanboys to discuss their discs and whole bag approach. I didn't want to crowd the MVP thread with this either (if it should be then please combine).

My first question for those who are rocking an all MVP bag, what discs do you use to fill the few holes that are left in your bag? Obviously distance drivers can be added to max D but what else do you need? I recently added a Jokeri to aid in windy approaches. I used to have a predator but the new shock does so well in the wind that I have since dropped the preds. I also rock a Gateway Blaze for those meat hook mid duties.

What do the rest of the MVP fanboys use to support their bags?

Yeah, I'm just picking on ya. I could envision a simple bag of an Amp, Shock, Vector, Tangent, and either an Ion or Anode. That would probably work pretty well.

fat chance it would ever happen, but i could get away with an ion, tangent, vector, shock and volt. if i had two of each, max and min weight, i would feel pretty damn confident playing for par on most courses.

I carry all of the MVP molds and additionally a Zone, 150 Dx Aero, DD BF Tresspass for max D, and a very OS sparkle Quasar as my meat hook.

I considered an all-MVP bag for my year in Korea, but the more I tinkered with it, the more I found I just couldn't do it. At first, I was just going to add a Krait and call it good. Then I was going to keep my Teebirds, because they were coming out with the Shock....then I found the old Shocks have too much turn and the new Shock was super beef so my Teebirds fell in the middle...

Anyway, it was a huge odyssey and I just decided to give up on it. But really, aside from their lackof distance drivers, I think they have a really, really solid lineup. Especially with the release of the Tangent (man, what a sweet disc, huh?) they have a lot of their bases covered. They lack a really understable putter...but I don't use those anyway. They lack a super beefy Mid...but until I got my hands on an M1, I'd never thrown a super OS mid, either. Their control drivers are solid as can be...if anything, they need a true fairway driver as I find that their control drivers end up being a bit too long for my true fairway shots.

So, long ramble short, unless you are being nitpicky, you COULD have a solid lineup with all MVP, plus a few distance drivers. The thing to factor in is personal preference. That was what was hard for me...they have discs that could fill the slots of my Teebirds...but I jsut love Teebizzles and am so comfortable with them, I just couldn't change them out.

If I had to rank my 4 non MVP discs by importance it would be

1 Zone
2. Tresspass
3. Aero
4. Quasar

With the zone being far above the other three.

I also put with a wizard but am not counting that for some reason.

I'm really hoping that the new shocks beat in to that sweet teebird slot. I too was a huge teebird guy but I am finding that most shots I could do with the teebird I can reach with a powered down volt or shock.

As for miss, I was a roc fiend. That was until I realizes the vector is a flat top roc with a heartier fade and my domey neutron axis does a really nice DX roc impression. My mid game is really picking back up and my golf game has never been more consistent. I will also say that the MVP MIDS really stretch tee shots that I would have formerly threw a fairway.

They lack a super beefy Mid...but until I got my hands on an M1, I'd never thrown a super OS mid, either. Their control drivers are solid as can be...if anything, they need a true fairway driver as I find that their control drivers end up being a bit too long for my true fairway shots.

Just for the heck of it I'm gonna bust your balls a little...:D

Super beefy mids are useless...Seriously, if you can't get by with an overstable Proton Vector and powering down Shocks (or throwing them smoothly with a touch of anny) then you need more practice instead of a super beefy mid anyway. I don't think we will really know what m1-m4 are going to fly like until Prodigy gets it together either.

Also, a true fairway driver? The Axis is so long and the drivers power down so well that there is seriously like a 10' gap at best between their mids/drivers for me. The drivers are a NEW kind of fairway that are faster yet don't glide a bunch and therefore are super easy to range and cut the wind way better.

I think once the improved Volts start hitting the shelves (consistent PLH, no flash) they will be much more appropriate for TB type shots.

Well, they improved their equipment to fix the Shocks, don't you think it's going to "fix" their other molds as well? As in getting them consistent and flying as intended much more than the early runs...This is a universally good thing.

not for my wallet haha! also NOBODY at the local *big* dg shop knew about the new shocks...

Wow, they must not read their email as MVP informed all their distributors of the situation (i get the stock emails they send out).

Also, I see MVP's discs being more stable in the future and all the early "flippy" stuff is going to be like the early run Ions in terms of people seeking them out in the MP.

My current bag:

Trespass
Volt
Amp
Proton Vector
Proton Axis
Flying squirrel
Soft Anode (driving)
Medium VP
Neutron Ion (putting)

If Im playing a course where I think Ill need a super long turnover disc Ill throw in a nuke. I used to carry many more discs but now I prefer to learn to throw more shots with less discs so sticking to (mostly) MVP has been enjoyable for me. I havent tried a tangent yet but Im hoping to soon, either way Im not sure Ill keep carrying the flying squirrel as I will try to cover those shots with my anode, axis and forehanding a vector.

i dont even bag one but i would call the volt the ultimate control driver. it does its job and much more exceptionally well.
the new shock i and a friend have are pancake flat, cfr pd flat, and are sick discs.