• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] All MVP Bag: tips, suggestions and fun.

it'll have the same turn as that flippier Leo, but with a stronger hook-up near the end of the flight, and at the heavier ind possibly be close to what the Trak is for you. I've described the Switch as a 300 ft Katana flight. Big S's.
That describes my Switch. I have tried to use it on some around the corner holes because I have such a terrible forehand, and it always ends up left of where my other US discs do.

That describes my Switch. I have tried to use it on some around the corner holes because I have such a terrible forehand, and it always ends up left of where my other US discs do.

And I've been wondering, how's it going to beat up? Like, mine's broken in but still pretty fresh. It seems like it's gotten less HSS, but no less LSS, but again that could just be where it's at now that the new disc smell is knocked off it.

I'm wondering if it's going to mellow out on that fade. Been throwing it more and more, so maybe in like 5 years I'll know, lol.

Mine has gotten thrown into my all MVP bag so it's not getting broken in anytime soon. Maybe I need to force the issue.

I feel like you've played Renny, yes? #9, or 10 Silver, with the tennis ump high chair for spotting, where you throw over the rise and down into the basket fronted by the boulder ampitheater?

Here's what the Switch does. I can throw it 325 or so in the soccer field. On 9 Renny G (300 ft,) I can throw it basically straight at/a bit left of the basket, and slighty nose up (first part of the throw is up hill) and it turns and works pretty far right, and then fades in to the pin over the last 25-50 ft of the flight.

I usually try a thumber (which I'm not good at and can't usually quite get it there) or a more stable FW on an anny line, which I often miss right or stall out short/left. I parked this hole back to back rounds this weekend with the Switch.

Depending on your power, at various weights I think it'll have the same turn as that flippier Leo, but with a stronger hook-up near the end of the flight, and at the heavier ind possibly be close to what the Trak is for you. I've described the Switch as a 300 ft Katana flight. Big S's.

I think Mike C is one of the few on here who've said they didn't see the late hook up from the Switch, and let's face it, Mike C's the 1% of DG power. He's like a Wall Street trader of putting stank on a throw.

I see said the blind man. Not sure I like the sound of that fighting back. I'll probably try the Inspire just to check out an Axiom disc. If it's properly flippy that would be cool b/c I've only got a beat Axis and really old Ions that are proper flippy from the gyro folks.

Different question: Does MVP/Axiom make anything similar to a xXx, with all the skipping goodness?

Resistor is OS goodness. I have a max weight that is just filthy. Way too OS for most of my shots. Just bought a lighter weight Resistor to try for most OS shots. Fun disc, and really beefy.

I see said the blind man. Not sure I like the sound of that fighting back. I'll probably try the Inspire just to check out an Axiom disc. If it's properly flippy that would be cool b/c I've only got a beat Axis and really old Ions that are proper flippy from the gyro folks.

Different question: Does MVP/Axiom make anything similar to a xXx, with all the skipping goodness?

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2499413#post2499413

I asked Andy about skipability in the last page or two of this thread. The Motion, which I think MVP calls the Resistor's big brother, is the widest rimmed beef stick they've got. I was curious about it, because I bag a Shock, which is pretty beefy, but beaten into a good OS driver, but almost not quite OS enough for that crazy OS slot, and it never was a great skipper.

The uptake is, the Motion is a good skipper, but not maybe in the same way a xXx or flat FB or Flick can be?

Oh yeah, btw, I dig where you're coming from w/r/t the Switch. It's kind of an oddball, at least mine is. Not a classic US type FW, probably not for everyone. I didn't like it at first, since I was expecting something more US start to finish, but I got used to what it does and it's gotten pretty useful. The main thing that's different about it and other similar speed US discs boils down to, it will hyzerflip to flat, but will fade out of that line, a good bit unless you really keep it low.

Last edited:
I don't throw with Mike C level power, but I can throw a destroyer over 450ft consistently. As far as the Switch goes, mine is a little worn in now, but I don't see any fade back at all when I throw it. It does the same thing every time, flips up and slowly goes to the right (RHBH) and then stops at 400 ft. The best thing about this disc is even if I don't hyzer flip it, it never turns and burns. It is not flippy at all. Its perfectly understable, even out of the box it just needs to hit a few trees and its golden.

I don't throw with Mike C level power, but I can throw a destroyer over 450ft consistently. As far as the Switch goes, mine is a little worn in now, but I don't see any fade back at all when I throw it. It does the same thing every time, flips up and slowly goes to the right (RHBH) and then stops at 400 ft. The best thing about this disc is even if I don't hyzer flip it, it never turns and burns. It is not flippy at all. Its perfectly understable, even out of the box it just needs to hit a few trees and its golden.

I'm not throwing mine anywhere near 400, so that might explain the difference in flight.

I don't see any fade back at all when I throw it. It does the same thing every time, flips up and slowly goes to the right (RHBH) and then stops at 400 ft.

I think you're actually in the same D category as Mike C. There can't be a very high percentage of people throwing this class 400 ft.

And keep in mind, @ 400 ft of D, that means throwing this class beyond it's speed rating.

What the Switch will be for most throwers, I think, will look like the line Mike C gets throwing it lefty in one of the Switch vids on his youtube channel.