• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] All Things FIREBIRD

The 171g pfn star I have fits in nicely between my gstar TB and my 175g champ FB.

Good to hear! I'm not a cannon arm so I figured I'd stick with something considered workable. I wanted at least 170s for better inertia into the wind.

Yes, great addition in my opinion. It will still skip if it hits the right surface, but for the most part it just hits the ground and stays, which is something my champs or stars won't do. Stability wise I would say they are equivalent to a star that weighs about the same or a little more.

Yes, great addition in my opinion. It will still skip if it hits the right surface, but for the most part it just hits the ground and stays, which is something my champs or stars won't do. Stability wise I would say they are equivalent to a star that weighs about the same or a little more.

Nice thanks :thmbup:

I picked up a 174 gram FAF Star Firebird today, going to toss it around tomorrow.

Anyone ever find a super flat Star? Thing is a beauty.

I picked up a 174 gram FAF Star Firebird today, going to toss it around tomorrow.

Anyone ever find a super flat Star? Thing is a beauty.

I have hoarded a stack of FAF champion and star Firebirds. And on top of that I have one Des Reading Firebird with cute stamp:

des.png

Grabbed a pretty at G* FB from my payout at KCWO, look forward to seeing what itll do. Seems like something i may put away until its cold and or wet. But it may also be useful for shots that don't really skip.

Its very nice looking too, swirly/pearly

My FAF Star has good beef. It ever so slightly (RHBH) moves left during high speed portion. Then very hard left at the end. Very controllable flexes, spikes, etc. Headwind what there was didn't effect it. Will have to see it at 20+.

Finally bought me a firebird. 169 star looks pretty flat but not sure how flat compared to others. Can't wait to throw it

10527441_10204322540048755_4864178123223120858_n.jpg

Here. Great addition. Almost as beefy as the FAF 12x (at least for me, medium arm) but sans the skip. Now I have two discs that fly the same but I can choose whether to engage turbo boost at groud contact or sit where it lands. Last weekends tourney 5 or the 10 birdies I carded was with either FB I now carry. G* made it into the bag right away.

Can't wait to get my hands on some G*, especially if it is a firebird that sits. I was a little concerned that they might be significantly less stable. This is great news.

Picked up a few discs last week for the b-day, including a G* Firebird. 175g, and it's FAF.

As far as Firebirds go, the G* Firechicken is everything you would expect. It's very close to the stability of the 12X FAF Firebird I had before, but a wee bit easier for me to throw. I've had the opportunity to use it in a few rounds; forehand, backhand, and thumber. It's been great.

I have yet to smack anything solid with it yet, but my experience with the newer G* is that it doesn't affect it too much, and if anything will allow this Firechicken to season in nicely. Highly recommended.
ej62ffR.png

can someone help me out.. are the 9x KC Pro Firebirds the FL mold? its marked "F" on the back and i was thinking it was FL but i wasnt positive and just curious.. snagged an extrem puddle top one from a local pro yesterday for $20 and it went straight in the bag lol .. only threw it a few times and its OVERSTABLE but at my arm speed i think the FL and FX would act about the same

I've had to take a couple months off of disc golf, so random question here for you Fire-Chicken aficionados:

Is the G* Firebird in regular production now? I just noticed the pro shop has them listed as being a limited release but perhaps that's just the proto-stamp. Any info on this would be much appreciated. I'm hoping this line of plastic will be easy to locate so I can keep one of these discs in my bag at all times!

just got me a red gstar fb in the mail today! im excited to get out and throw it.

What kind of shots do you guys use your FBs for other than on windy days?

just got me a red gstar fb in the mail today! im excited to get out and throw it.

What kind of shots do you guys use your FBs for other than on windy days?

I've really liked using these for overhand shots. The soft plastic blend means soft landings and typically I can count on my G* plastic to sit down close to where it lands! In addition, I've started using them as rollers. They don't cut quite as much as other Firebirds - great fairway driver to have in the bag!

Mega fade shots, magical skip shots, crazy s-curves forehand (no matter how steep of an anny you slap on it, it most often has time to pan out).

If it is only headwind and I dont need the mega fade/skip, I do have less crazy OS discs in the bag that fight the wind and still go somewhere.

Sure is a useful disc to have in those situations, and a fun one to throw in front of the uninitiated. (What disc was THAT??)

Latest posts