• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Almost an Ace!

i have had a couple aces but i did drive one straight thru the chains and out the other side. I just hate it when that happens.

I've got about 6-7 chain or basket hits this year and 3 Aces so far. Got one ace in January. Got one a week ago today and the other the very next day.

I've about aced 4 times in the last week. I've decided on two things.

1)I'm no longer going to tell my buddies I play with that "dude I almost aced this hole the other day" For starters they don't care.....and also because I think it's just jinxing me.

2)Rather than wonder what would've happened had you been a hair left or right, etc I'm just going to be glad I parked the hole and take my birdie. The aces will come naturally. Probably just about the time I stop wondering when it's gonna be my turn. I guess technically I do have an ace it was on hole one the old jones park course but it was a cubby ace and everyone aced that hole. Doesn't count in my mind.

Congrats on your near ace.

My first 6 months or so I used to keep track of my basket and chain hits and remember my near aces, but they've become so common and make no difference on the scorecard so I don't even consider them any longer than the few seconds in the air where you're questioning whether or not it's going in.

ace runs, chain outs, basket hits...they are exciting but i try not to get too worked up over them. i like knowing that i had a nice shot and i move along with my 2...unless there was money to be won. i chained out on a $390 ace, that really pissed me off. i also get a little worked up for metal hits on 400+ foot holes. ive hit the post or basket on the same 420 footer 3 times. ive never aced any over 300 so that would be exciting, one of these days ill get that one. i got an ace today by the way. it was a total crap shot that would have been deep 40 feet and right about 30. it hit a tree pin high and cut 90 degrees left into the chains. that made up for the chains i hit with my gator earlier in the round.

was playing on my birthday last november threw my blue pro katana bounced off the ground and hit the basket almost made it in! i started freaking out as my friend was laughing so much. hopefully i can get an ace soon

Slammed the pole yesterday on hole 4 at Bryant Lake with a champ TL. looked so good. Had some peeps with me so that was fun.

Then I took a 9 on 16 :( don't go down the ravine there peeps. It's a bad place.

Slammed the pole yesterday on hole 4 at Bryant Lake with a champ TL. looked so good. Had some peeps with me so that was fun.

Then I took a 9 on 16 :( don't go down the ravine there peeps. It's a bad place.

I like to call that a triple par (If it's a par 3) :D.

Same boat here, hit metal several times, hit the chains dead center on hole 3 at Moraine (blue tee) with my champ Leo and it bounced out...still no aces. Almost nailed hole 1 at Moraine (white tee) yesterday, my star valk faded out just before hitting, and then hole 3 I missed by inches with my new ss wizard.

Every time I have chained out I have done no better than a 3. Seems to roll 50+ feet everytime

I was throwing on Greene's course on hole 5 (which by the pictures makes it looks a lot more open than it is) ::sign:: ::actual:: It's a completely blind right hook. I released a beautiful throw, I felt like it was perfectly on line (this is my home course and I always lay within 10 feet of this pin) I hear a solid chain hit, I swore it was in... I approach.. It was a couple feet away on the ground.

I can't say I was heartbroken because that was my first basket hit from a drive, but I wish I had an ace.

I don't have an ace yet, but had 2 good runs at bag tag on saturday. One clanked off the basket, dead center, just needed 2 more inches of height. the next hole I had it skip off the post. I don't really get excited about them, the people in my group were yelling more than me. The same day, I made a 60' jump putt that was 20' uphill for a deuce on a playoff hole to decide which tag me an another player would get. The guy I was playing against was more pumped up than me too haha (I was more excited about that though because I was actually trying to get it in).

I think I wasn't that excited about the metal hit because I wasn't actually trying to make it in, just get it close for a birdie. I'm sure I'd be really happy if it had went in though.

I think I'm going to have to wait a while for an ace because I never really go at a basket off the tee. My home course doesn't really have any short/easy holes and I don't ever throw more than 2 or 3 off the tee when I'm just messing around.

Hit chains on the same hole twice yesterday at Woodland Vally (black bear course, hole 5, 163ft.) but neither stuck... One hit on the left side and blew through and the other hit chain but skipped off the rim.:wall:

I chained out a couple weeks ago. Blind shot around a dogleg and heard it hit. I sprinted down the hole only to find it about 10 ft away. Terrible feeling.

Not an ace, but during a tournament this weekend I threw a putt from only 15ft away dead straight into the middle of the basket and apparently it hit flat and sprung it back out of the basket at me. Never seen the before. Robbed me of a birdie :(

Latest posts