• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Always ink your discs?

I used to mark my discs the second I left the store. Now I only mark the ones I carry and throw regularly. I do have a couple in my bag right now that aren't marked though. I would mark them, but I'm too lazy. I will mark them at my next tournament though. It's the law, after all.

I write "BrotherDave 867-5309" in really small inside the rim.

That was the phone number to my jr. high school. Southwest Jr. High. I think they changed it now. The gold record for that song was on the wall in the office.

i dont ink any of my discs for two reasons.

1) It bothers me. I like when the discs looks clean.

2) If its a disc I really want back, than ill take the time to find it. If i give up on it, congrats to whoever finds it.

3) I dont feel like going through the time and effort of arranging a time to meet up with someone to get it back, so even if i did ink my discs and i got a call about it, id just tell em to keep it so why bother?

I ink also because it's required for tourneys

I've been playing since March. I have yet to lose a disc.(possibly I don't throw far enough...) I have found a few discs. They go to my broke playing partner, my youngest brother. I have returned inked discs, however, I don't ink mine. The only markings are my initials (MAD) and the weight. (It tends to rub off) I like to remember what i'm throwing.
If someone finds my disc, COOL! I started with a found, soft magnet. Now I play. Hopefully I plant the same seed in whoever finds my loss.

I'm curious how so many folks seem to find discs all the time, yet on here, almost no one seems to lose them. I'm curious who is losing them? The easy answer is 'stoners', but... I haven't lost one! Seems like it's really disproportionate to all the polls i've read. (yes I read all those threads)

I've been playing since March. I have yet to lose a disc.(possibly I don't throw far enough...) I have found a few discs. They go to my broke playing partner, my youngest brother. I have returned inked discs, however, I don't ink mine. The only markings are my initials (MAD) and the weight. (It tends to rub off) I like to remember what i'm throwing.
If someone finds my disc, COOL! I started with a found, soft magnet. Now I play. Hopefully I plant the same seed in whoever finds my loss.

I'm curious how so many folks seem to find discs all the time, yet on here, almost no one seems to lose them. I'm curious who is losing them? The easy answer is 'stoners', but... I haven't lost one! Seems like it's really disproportionate to all the polls i've read. (yes I read all those threads)

I don't know if you write 'MAD' or 'M.A.D.'. I'm not sure I'd realize it was initials if it was just 'MAD'.

Good job about returning discs with ink...I just had a disc returned to me for the first time and I was very happy. I'll definitely be returning any inked discs I find. Good spirit about losing your non-inked discs also :clap:

I can't wait to go and play some disc in NorCal, seeing as I grew up there but moved before I found disc.

I ink everything but putters, if I ever lose a putter, I'm quiting.

all I have to say is play Bear Creek hole #15. short hole that people tend to 'go for'. its misleading. if you overshoot the basket at all you will probably end up in the rushing water. you also have to shoot over a small area of standing water (like a mini pond) to get to the basket. and you are most likely going to tee off with a controllable midrange or putter. i recommend setup, setup, par.

How many of you always sign your discs with your name and number? We should all do this right? Especially if we want our discs back when they accidentally get lost. I have never done this to any of my discs. Generally I lose few discs and when I do from a bad throw or whatever, I figure it is my fault that I threw it wrong. Perhaps it creates more pressure on me to throw a good shot and that if I don't I just may lose my disc. At that point, whomever finds it, can keep it. Is it so wrong of me not to do this? I don't expect to get my discs returned if found be someone else. And yes I believe in Karma and try to return discs to others when I find theirs. What do you think?

Poll?

I ink mine, though I lost my first disc I ever owned, so I don't know how helpful it is most of the times. I even shot with 2 others and they said they both have tried putting female names on a disc to see if that works...it didn't. Sucks to lose a disc, would be nice to have mine back, but luckily I have yet to lose one after that.

I don't know if you write 'MAD' or 'M.A.D.'. I'm not sure I'd realize it was initials if it was just 'MAD'.

Good job about returning discs with ink...I just had a disc returned to me for the first time and I was very happy. I'll definitely be returning any inked discs I find. Good spirit about losing your non-inked discs also :clap:

I can't wait to go and play some disc in NorCal, seeing as I grew up there but moved before I found disc.

I have many ways to write my initials, none of them contain periods.
If you should make it back to my area, you must hit the courses in Sonoma and at Stafford lake, Novato. I haven't played De La yet, but these ones kicked my butt. The best in the area arent necessarily the ones you hear about.

I write "BrotherDave 867-5309" in really small inside the rim.
I saw that name and number once in a port-o-potty just outside of Raliegh. I think it was some kind of employment ad because it said call Brother Dave for a blow job , now i had a good job so i didnt call but i told my friend and he said the position had already been filled when he showed up.:D

All I have to say is returning a disc isn't "working for you" either that person was looking for their disc and happened to find yours in the process or was looking for discs period. In which they probably won't return it unless they were just hoping to find un-inked discs. It's just common courtesy. That doesn't mean I expect someone to go out of their way to return it, but most disc stores will hold discs for someone to pick up. Or you can possibly organize a day/time to meet them at the course and maybe even play a round with them.

I ink mine because I'd hope someone's kind enough to return it and not just keep it as if it was $15 bucks they just saw someone drop. And for all of you who don't ink your discs because you don't deserve it back if you can't find it and what not. Do you return discs with ink or just keep them...I mean according to the whole "not deserving it" idea, you'd keep it right?

Last edited:
I saw that name and number once in a port-o-potty just outside of Raliegh. I think it was some kind of employment ad because it said call Brother Dave for a blow job , now i had a good job so i didnt call but i told my friend and he said the position had already been filled when he showed up.:D

Panthero would be so disappointed in you right now. :thmbdown:

Last week at Veteran's park I left behind my nicely beat Champion Leopard on #16. Not because I threw an awful shot with hit and lost it, but because I was playing fast and forgot to grab it after putting. I didn't even know I lost it, and right when I got home I got a phone call from the person that had found it!

Yesterday at Veteran's, I was playing alone and was walking the fairway of #16 after my drive. As I am walking I approach a disc that isn't mine in the middle of the fairway! It's a 175 bright pink Star Wraith! WTF? I looked around and I was the only person around, so I knew it hadn't been shanked from a teebox other than #16. Long story short, I call the guy up and return the disc to him in the parking lot.

Weird how things work...and it felt good returning it!! :D

All I have to say is returning a disc isn't "working for you" either that person was looking for their disc and happened to find yours in the process or was looking for discs period. In which they probably won't return it unless they were just hoping to find un-inked discs. It's just common courtesy. That doesn't mean I expect someone to go out of their way to return it, but most disc stores will hold discs for someone to pick up. Or you can possibly organize a day/time to meet them at the course and maybe even play a round with them.

I ink mine because I'd hope someone's kind enough to return it and not just keep it as if it was $15 bucks they just saw someone drop. And for all of you who don't ink your discs because you don't deserve it back if you can't find it and what not. Do you return discs with ink or just keep them...I mean according to the whole "not deserving it" idea, you'd keep it right?

i agree with you on this except for one thing, it is work to return a disc.

I found a disc, called left a message, gave my number, got a call back to meet on friday at course.

bad weather put friday off, i have never heard back about the disc---two people have my number to get it, first owner then the friend he gave it to.

do i call again 2 months later? or keep it?

i agree with you on this except for one thing, it is work to return a disc.

The reason I say it shouldn't be work is you both likely play that same course a lot(yes, sometimes you lose it on a course you rarely play). So either you both should be able to meet at the course at a time that you'd likely go there anyways to play, or there's a disc shop near by that you both probably go to that would hold the disc so you may pick it up. If neither of those work for whatever reason then yes I'd probably agree it is work. For me it's no more extra work than calling them and dropping it off at the disc shop across the street from my home course. Though I could drop it off at a gardening shop that has discs and I think get 5 or 10% off or maybe it was $5 off anything...don't remember which it was. Though that shop's more out of my way so I just turn them into the disc shop across the street.

Last edited:

Latest posts