• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Always ink your discs?

I dont mark my discs. Im pretty good at finding them and if I dont, oh well. I can always get more. I have found more discs then Ive lost, so I dont feel so bad.
ya, its not too hard to find a disc at lippold. ive found close to 10 there last summer and this summer combined. if its not marked and i dont like it after tryin it out, i go to play it again on 14 and trade it in for something i wanna try :)

Name and # on the inside of the rim. I like how that looks better than anything on the flight plate. Looks better when I remove the logos. I usually assume most will call me back as they won't want to keep a bright pink disc.

i write my phone number on the inner rim.

if the person wants to take the time to give it back they will call, if not, i just helped them ease their own conscience by making it easy for them to remove my traces. my only hope is that my disc does the new owner as proud as it does me and that it enhances their game.

i call on every found disc.... it's a karma thing, i hope someone will call on mine...

sadly, when you throw premium plastic you dont seem to get any of them back. but you will get a call on the old DX you happened to loose every time.

i dont write anything and it makes me look until its found because its the only way its coming home

I've put my name and phone number on every disc that goes in my bag, and it's saved me the cost of replacement several times, when a good citizen has called me up and returned a lost disc to me. Once I actually got a call several weeks after the loss. I figure there's nothing wrong with not putting your contact info. on your discs if you don't want them back, but if you do want them back, you need to at least put a phone number or an email address on them.

Reasons I don't put my info on my discs:

1. I find almost all my discs.

2. Discs I don't want to lose stay in the bag on risky shots over water, when getting dark, when I am playing a quick round and may not have time to look etc. Basically any disc I lose will be easily replaced. If I do somehow lose one of my favorite discs, it is still only a disc. It would suck but it isn't going to ruin my game and I'm not losing any sleep over it hoping someone will call.

3. If I can't find it myself, I had rather someone else have it.

4. Discs with ink are worth less if you decide to sell/trade them.

5. I had rather replace it than go try to arrange a time to meet someone. It can be a hassle for me and the finder.

6. I don't like putting my phone number out there for anyone to see.

7. If the finder hits someone and injures them with a disc with your info on it, and then runs off, they are going after the name on the disc.

i dont write anything and it makes me look until its found because its the only way its coming home

Agreed. I think it makes me pay more attention to my shot selection and watching my disc after the throw.

The only discs I don't ink are the ones I pull out of my bag when I'm telling n00bs to ALWAYS ink their discs :eek:

most of my discs have just artwork on them so i can tell them apart fron other discs, and i hope who ever finds them will enjoy my art and "my" disc.

I ink most all of my discs with initials and number on the rim. I have this hope that when I lose one someone like me will call the number on the disc.

I don't ink a disc until I start to carry it in my course bag.
If I'm just using it for practice, I won't ink it.

I've stopped inking my discs because I never get them back anyways. I'll call your inked disc, but I'm pretty OCD about how my discs look, and ink bothers me. it's part of the reason that I retired my ace discs that I signed.

I initial my discs becouse I have to for tournaments, I dont put my phone number or anything else on them. In 15 years I never got a lost disc back and honestly its not a big deal to me, the more I lose the more the factory makes, and even being laid off right now im just not that cheap to worry about it. Plus finding 20-30 a year in the water helps with not having to buy them very often. :D

Reasons I don't put my info on my discs:

6. I don't like putting my phone number out there for anyone to see. .

I've got my last name and phone number on most of mine. A couple of weeks ago I lost one. (Actually, I suspect it was stolen after my drive. It shouldn't have been to hard to find from where it looked like it landed.) That night I got prank called from a restricted number. The number they called was one most people that know me don't have, and even fewer actually use (they usually just call my cell). Obviously there's no way to prove anything, but I'm pretty sure it was the punks who stole my disc.

I write "BrotherDave 867-5309" in really small inside the rim.

Latest posts