• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Am Worlds 2012--Charlotte, NC

Perhaps Sam and the CDGC would benefit from establishing a new cdgc treasurer so that club finances can be accountable and transparent, and Sam can focus on worlds.

I think this thread has drifted way far from its original point. but to summarize. course selection blows. CDGC is not very transparent. and as a result the two items became one and created a super thread. oh wait three courses is a prob too. did i miss anything?

I think this thread has drifted way far from its original point. but to summarize. course selection blows. CDGC is not very transparent. and as a result the two items became one and created a super thread. oh wait three courses is a prob too. did i miss anything?

RABBLERABBLE scores big in scrabble!

Support. Get involved. Don't kick the cornerstone.
Tact is a word that has been lost in the binary code of the internet. The reason that MPO is playing the courses that all of you want to play is because most of them have been playing longer than us.(and better) That is why they will be playing the tried and true courses. Simple as that. They have shown time and time again that they can provide a good challenge and score separatation for the top division of our sport. The new courses could be better, but it takes time and testing to really prove that they are worthy of the mantle that Renny and Hornets Nest have earned. I agree that MPO should be playing these courses at least once during the week if not more. If that means that MA1 doesn't get to, well i am in the boat of playing whatever MA1 is stuck with as well, so be it. I would hate to see Nevin for any rounds for the best of the best to be decided. I know it may make some am's change their mind on coming because they aren't playing the best courses in Charlotte, but that's what happens with a combined worlds. There is a trade off of getting to have the pro's there to watch at the same time, they take preference. Thanks to Charlotte for hosting this, and after a back to back Cali/Charlotte worlds, i feel sorry for whoever ends up with the next couple of years.

I have had many suggestions to CAC over the past two years as a player, and hopefully they won't drop the ball on Worlds as they did for CAC, but I know that CAC was really a way to ease into Worlds and see what worked and what didn't for that city.
I agree that transparency can help at least show that you aren't "hiding" something, but in person most of you aren't the jerk that you appear online. I challenge all of you griping to get involved, ask how you can help, and go about it with tact and grace. It will get you further down the road than being a thorn in the side of someone who is trying to do something to advance our sport.

I never said the pros shouldnt play those courses. just that maybe the top Am division should get some love. we are the reason the pros have a sport.

I never said the pros shouldnt play those courses. just that maybe the top Am division should get some love. we are the reason the pros have a sport.

Besides Stan, Sam, RKelly, and maybe a couple of other pro's, the AM's are the reason all the premier courses are here as well as the second level ones. It is very rare to see any other pro's do coursework here in Charlotte besides the aforementioned. Huey and many other AM's are the consistency and reliability. Reward both pros and AM's and smell like a rose!

To say that the pro's deserve to play the best because they play better than AM's is an ellitest point of view.

Last edited:
If you are going to be posting here you could at least fill out your profile and contribute some reviews :D.

Besides Stan, Sam, RKelly, and maybe a couple of other pro's, the AM's are the reason all the premier courses are here as well as the second level ones. It is very rare to see any other pro's do coursework here in Charlotte besides the aforementioned. Huey and many other AM's are the consistency and reliability. Reward both pros and AM's and smell like a rose!

To say that the pro's deserve to play the best because they play better than AM's is an ellitest point of view.

So since the am's worked on it they deserve to play it? Seems like someone didn't get the credit he "deserved". Is it recognition you're looking for? What did you do to deserve to be able to gripe like this...I see Stan's name and Sam's name on your list of who worked hard on this. Maybe that is why they are the one's deciding who plays what.

Call me what you will. Elitist, or realist? They deserve the best "fair" challenge the city can offer as they are playing for their livlihood. Are you going to be able to afford to drive home if you don't play well?

If you are going to be posting here you could at least fill out your profile and contribute some reviews :D.

oh_snap.jpg