• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Am Worlds 2012--Charlotte, NC

walker

Par Member
The Worlds Experience in Rochester has been incredible so far. All these disc golfers in one place is wonderful! Although volunteering is a hugely gratifying, all this excitement makes me want to play!!

So I'm looking forward to next year in Charlotte. I've only heard great things about the courses, and have had the pleasure of playing Hornet's Nest last year. At the Flymart last night I stopped by the CDGC table and had a good chat about the Charlotte scene.

Plus with the Pros and Ams in one place it should be amazing. And I've heard they've already got sponsors like crazy!

So...who else is excited about Am Worlds 2012?

I am, I'm going to compete in the u16 boys division hopefully, it sounds like a lot of fun with everyone being in one place. Do you know what courses they are playing in charlotte I've only played hornets nest, I think I'll make another trip down there so I want to know the courses?

The guy at the booth last night (sry, I'm bad with names, already forgot it) said the Charlotte Amateur Championships are in April, and they're trying to work it out so your division will play the same courses you would if you played Am Worlds.

I'm sure Hornet's Nest, Rennaisance, and Elon will be used. Looks like they've built/working on some new courses too.

The guy at the booth last night (sry, I'm bad with names, already forgot it) said the Charlotte Amateur Championships are in April, and they're trying to work it out so your division will play the same courses you would if you played Am Worlds.

I'm sure Hornet's Nest, Rennaisance, and Elon will be used. Looks like they've built/working on some new courses too.

Sam Nicholson

There will also be some one day c-tiers at different courses throughout the year, some cdgc productions, and some visiting guest productions like strangediscs and sunking.

Last edited:

a common thing to do. most places that host worlds have a "preview" earlier in the summer or spring. it allows them to test everything out and make sure that it will run smoothly. they may or may not choose to make some tweaks to make the experience better.

i am definitely excited for worlds next year! im gonna try to get down there several days in advance to get some time on the courses and learn them as best i can. i know several of the locals are talking about going both AM and PRO. so IL could have some good representation there. we can show you guys how to spike hyzer thru everything :thmbup:

I hope you have alternatives to the spike hyzer, lol! There's a few, but not as many as in IL I'm thinking.:)

I hope you have alternatives to the spike hyzer, lol! There's a few, but not as many as in IL I'm thinking.:)

its a local joke. youd be amazed tho, i havent found many holes without some unintended hyzer route.

its a local joke. youd be amazed tho, i havent found many holes without some unintended hyzer route.

We have this crazy guy here named Stan that plants big cedars where the unintentional routes appear, seriously!

This is not what I needed to read tonight. I have been looking forward to Am Worlds in Charlotte since they announced it a while ago. I may not be playing as well as I would like by then but I am planning on being there. Woot!

1000 points, I only have 266. Guess I have my work cut out for me for the next 12 months.

Anyone who is serious about going can make it with or without an invite. You may need to sign up sooner rather than later based on demand but you can definetly play if you want to.

Gotta have the points by end of 2011. Play a tiers and as high a division as u can. More points that way. The larger the field the better

Can someone explain how you get points? Just looked at the PDGA site and could not find an explanation.

U get x number of points for each person u beat in a sanctioned tournament. More points in A tiers and higher divisions

Anyone who is serious about going can make it with or without an invite. You may need to sign up sooner rather than later based on demand but you can definetly play if you want to.

Thanks! I definitely plan on going. I played Renaissance and Winthrop this summer and had a blast. Nice courses and super friendly disc golfers.