• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Am Worlds 2013: Only 2 slots in FJx divisions?

Pools expanded as of early this morning; definitely for MM1, MG1, and FA1. Also, the notes about FJ2/3 being full are no longer on the registration page, and the dropdown menu for division no longer shows those as being waitlisted, so I'm guessing they increased those as well.

They expanded FM1 to 12, so there are now two FM1s on the wait list. The 4 additional FM1s are already listed on the registration page.

Cindy :)

Pools expanded as of early this morning; definitely for MM1, MG1, and FA1. Also, the notes about FJ2/3 being full are no longer on the registration page, and the dropdown menu for division no longer shows those as being waitlisted, so I'm guessing they increased those as well.

So, does that MM1 and MG1 will cap out at 108-- A pool and a half?
Or something less?

Ron

So, does that MM1 and MG1 will cap out at 108-- A pool and a half?
Or something less?

I read Chuck's comments from 4/18 to mean that MM1, MG1, the "Women's" pool, and the Junior's pool would now each have a capacity of 90 ... 18 groups of five. Keep in mind, though, that based on the latest schedule available on the PDGA site, the "Women's" pool not only includes FW1, FM1, FG1, and FS1, but also MS1 and Legends. At the time of this posting, there are 80 players shown on the registration list in that pool, almost half of which are from the two men's divisions.

The net effect of allowing fivesomes in divisions other than MA1 would appear to be an increase in capacity of the event of a full pool ... 72 players added for a capacity of 576.

Players who are minors need to be treated differently than adults for reasons that have nothing to do with disc golf skills.

Interested to hear more about that, as the parent of a 16-year-old who's participated in two Worlds, one in MJ3 and one in MJ2. We're talking about 17, 18, and 19 year olds: old enough to drive, old enough to vote (or at least roughly half are), old enough to move out of the house and start college or work -- what specific considerations do you have in mind?

Look for draft Schedule Version 1.9 posted within the next day to show updates. Divisions other than MA1, MM1 and MG1 have been realigned with females of all ages now in one pool to balance the number of players in those pools. Ron, MM1 and MG1 are now capped at 90, not 108.

Look for draft Schedule Version 1.9 posted within the next day to show updates. Divisions other than MA1, MM1 and MG1 have been realigned with females of all ages now in one pool to balance the number of players in those pools. Ron, MM1 and MG1 are now capped at 90, not 108.

Ah... 5-somes. Sounds chummy.

Look for draft Schedule Version 1.9 posted within the next day to show updates.
Where are we supposed to look for it? It's been very difficult to get timely information on Worlds. DD's "official" site still says hotel info "Coming Soon."

Where are we supposed to look for it? It's been very difficult to get timely information on Worlds. DD's "official" site still says hotel info "Coming Soon."

Presuming the PDGA website. On the right side, under the Recently Updated Documents.

Yep. I I have yet to find any information about motels, pools, divisions and caps, course schedule, course descriptions, event schedule,et cetera.I am guessing that it is just me.

Doesn't look like Andrew posted 1.9 yet. I'm guessing he's grappling with uploading the latest ratings update about now.

Contact the PDGA with your concerns. Nothing will happen from posting here.

My strategy, and I think it is valid, is to introduce my thoughts to the ether and let those with "connections" pretend they they were their own as they introduce them to the PTBs.

To the GM, I disbelieve in the mustache twisting villains that would refuse to "do the right thing" just because "little old me" expressed an opinion on "teh interweb." Oh looky! I made my saving throw!

Latest posts