• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Amazing story that happened to me today

brettmartin

So, as some of you might know, I am staying the summer in Madison, TN for an internship which is right outside Nashville. I have played a few courses here before including Cedar Hill Park in Nashville.

I decide to go and play there alone since I don't know a lot of people around here and it's only my third time playing at Cedar Hill Park. Anyways, when I go disc golfing, I don't have a bag only my 4 discs. I absolutely hate carrying my keys in my pocket because I wear athletic shorts and it's just gets on my nerves. So when ever I throw a disc, I always drop my keys right next to my other discs and just pick them up each time after throwing.

Well...I went to Cedar Hill Park and have a horrible day of disc golf. I finished with +21 (each hole is a par 3 even though they should be different for many of them, anyone who has played here knows what I am talking about). This course is surrounded in woods and is a very nice course. So throughout each hole I am throwing a lot into the woods...

I get to the 18th hole and I notice I don't have my keys on me. I freak out and right away I kneel down in the grass and say a prayer about finding my keys. (Sorry for those of you that aren't a Christian on this part). It's about an hour-hour and a half from becoming dark and I am real worried because I have no clue where they could be. I decide to look at hole 1 because I am right next to it. I can barely remember on this hole where I threw my first throw into the woods but I look anyways and find nothing.

I look throughout all of hole 1 trying my best to remember where my shots were thrown but I find nothing. I am starting to think I have a better chance of finding a needle in a haystack when something tells me just to look through hole 2. I distinctly remember where I threw my first disc on hole 2 at the exact spot in the woods. I threw it into the woods inside this little ditch to the right. I go there and find nothing....slowly I turn around and find them right there on the ledge of this little ditch. Absolutely amazing...

Sorry for the long story! :)

Glad to hear you got them back! Maybe it's a sign that it's time for you to get a bag? ;)

Lol nice. I've done that a few times after a round when I am just messing around and don't have my keys in my bag. I used to have a long thing connect to my keys that liked to grab any little branch it could.

I freak out and right away I kneel down in the grass and say a prayer about finding my keys. (Sorry for those of you that aren't a Christian on this part).

Even as an atheist, if anyone on this forum were to attack you for your beliefs, I'd be one of the first to step up and defend you. No need to apologize, mate! To use a disc golf analogy, that'd be like apologizing to Buzzz lovers that you prefer to use a Roc. Whatever works for you, works for you, and I don't see you pushing your beliefs, so we'll get along just fine. :)

I did that once. YOu must really get into the game if you went that long without noticing you didn't have them.

That's crazy. What a relief it must have been to find them, alteast you didn't have to look too long. You should check out some of the smaller bags. It's nice to have a place for your wallet, keys, phone, etc...

That's crazy. What a relief it must have been to find them, alteast you didn't have to look too long. You should check out some of the smaller bags. It's nice to have a place for your wallet, keys, phone, etc...

thirded.

hell, just bring along a little 6-pack cooler so you can have a place for discs/towel/keys/a drink or two.

I guess I have never been one to put my stuff in anything. At work I wear blue jeans shorts with my keys and wallet and everything in my pockets, so I guess it dosen't bother me to keep everything in my pockets when I play. Doesn't bother me at all.

Awesome that you found them - congrats. I've played cedar hill once and loved it - I'm over in Paris, TN about 2 hours west of you.

I freak out and right away I kneel down in the grass and say a prayer about finding my keys. (Sorry for those of you that aren't a Christian on this part).

Even as an atheist, if anyone on this forum were to attack you for your beliefs, I'd be one of the first to step up and defend you. No need to apologize, mate! To use a disc golf analogy, that'd be like apologizing to Buzzz lovers that you prefer to use a Roc. Whatever works for you, works for you, and I don't see you pushing your beliefs, so we'll get along just fine. :)
Yeah, I don't think that prayer is all that uncommon and I'd hate to think you should have to apologize for doing it. If you had, I don't know...sacrificed a goat or something? Then you might have something to apologize for. I think mainstream prayer (Christian or otherwise) shouldn't get anybodies panties in a bundle.

I hate playing with stuff in my pocket as well. I usually where gym shorts to disc golf so I just stick my keys and wallet in my bag. The only thing I can stand in my pocket is my phone (because its a Razor) and it HAS to go in my left pocket.

Anyways, back on topic, that's amazing that you found them. Congrats!

My lighter is the only thing that can be in my pocket while I play. Everything else is in the bag. I usually wear gym shorts too, and anything besides my lighter feels really unnatural while I'm throwing.

Anyways, congrats on finding your keys. That could have been a really big downer.

I wear shorts with pockets but do not put my keys in them because I am afraid they will fall out. I have started taking off the key to open my van and just tucked it in my sock. after a minute or two I forget it's there. To me it isn't that uncomfortable and it just sinks so unless you have really short socks it will not fall out.

Real glad you found them and what an amazing way to have it happen. And please don't ever feel the need to apologize for saying you prayed. Also an aethist, I see nothing wrong with everyone having their own belief system and we should respect that in everyone. Its nobody's place to tell you how to perceive your world and how to navigate it. But I truly appreciate your obvious concern for respecting the beliefs of others here.

The way you found the keys sort of reminds me of looking for a lost disc in my practice field, but apples to oranges as keys are far more important. But anyways I couldn't remember where this disc would be and it was already dark out. After searching hopelessly and blindly for about 20 minutes I had a gut feeling, and I always trust those, to turn on my l.e.d. disc and throw to a spot into the woods at the edge of the field. Found my other disc about 10 feet from where the l.e.d. one landed.

Last edited:
Glad you found your keys....the relief in finding them kinda lightens the day. Thats pretty funny that you set them down on #2 and didn't notice till 50 throws later. DG addiction.

(I sometimes stash my keys behind a tire of my car.)

I can't stand having anything in my pockets when I play. The innova starter bag is pretty good, as the mesh pocket in the lid fits all my stuff, and I can just leave it flipped open so I can hear my phone if it rings

Latest posts