• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

American Disc Golf Tour

I've search everyway I know how and I cannot find a corporate filing for American Disc Golf Tour, Salient or Kilgus. However, while looking, I did find his wife who is quite proud of her Bachelor of Science in Home Furnishings. (Although she lists herself as Hillary E. Kilgus, B.A. which would be an Arts degree.)

South Carolina Secretary of State has a database. Salient is there. Not sure about the tour. Though they made a point early that this tour and event are separate from Salient.

(This is really a dull thread drift, for which I accept full blame)

The only thing I can think of that ESPN3 brings is the mandated production quality. No matter how awful the tournament itself turns out to be, we at least can have some confidence that the production will be fairly well done.

^This

Terry Miller estimated that their production costs to make it "ESPN Legit" would be somewhere around what it cost for him to do 8-10 of his tourney productions.

The only thing I can think of that ESPN3 brings is the mandated production quality. No matter how awful the tournament itself turns out to be, we at least can have some confidence that the production will be fairly well done.

eh, ive watched some pretty rough stuff on ESPN3. specially if they were following a player like tiger woods specifically or for other unique purposes similar to disc golf. its not bad by any means by I wouldn't call it anything much superior to what we get from the guys out here already doing it for free.

eh, ive watched some pretty rough stuff on ESPN3. specially if they were following a player like tiger woods specifically or for other unique purposes similar to disc golf. its not bad by any means by I wouldn't call it anything much superior to what we get from the guys out here already doing it for free.

I think it would depend on how the final product was described and accepted by ESPN. If it was billed as a documentary of sorts then yeah, you could get away with some less than great footage and editing. If they said they were going to make a completely refined final product of tournament coverage (i.e. edited down broadcast of the Master's Par 3 comp) then I'm sure it will cost them a pretty penny and they'll likely have their hands full on completing said task with whatever budget they actually have.

Baaahahaha, this thread is great. What a dumpster fire of a company, tournament, and person(s).

Baaahahaha, this thread is great. What a dumpster fire of a company, tournament, and person(s).

You would have saved us all a lot of time and words if you'd posted that about 6 months ago.

pjsXLWW.gif

...just because it's been like 20 pages since this showed up in this thread, and it's more appropriate than ever...

So much :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn: this isn't thread of the year, it's thread of the decade.

Looked up some of these Salient guy's name on FB cause I have never met any of them. They all look super young, except for Doucher or whatever his name is. Also, I like that the physical therapist uses "Dr" when listing his name. Haha!

Looked up some of these Salient guy's name on FB cause I have never met any of them. They all look super young, except for Doucher or whatever his name is. Also, I like that the physical therapist uses "Dr" when listing his name. Haha!

I've search everyway I know how and I cannot find a corporate filing for American Disc Golf Tour, Salient or Kilgus. However, while looking, I did find his wife who is quite proud of her Bachelor of Science in Home Furnishings. (Although she lists herself as Hillary E. Kilgus, B.A. which would be an Arts degree.)

Bogus titles run in the family!

So has anyone seen anything about any kind of live scoring, or where the scores will be posted for the Fri/Sat rounds?

Well one of the things that isn't a lie is that Chris Kilgus is a legitimate doctor of Physical Therapy.

My uncle has a doctorate in Music Theory and you can find plenty of places where is listed as Dr. Brian Belet. And he's not a douche by any means.

---and nothing's actually happened, yet!

Let's see what a few days, and actual events, do for this thread.

I think it's going to be pretty uneventful... if they do even half of what they said, and a quarter of their expected attendance shows up, it should be double the fun?

Latest posts