• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

American Disc Golf Tour

On an almost separate issue, I thought the top Ams were also going to be in the Final 6. But earlier I saw a Facebook post from someone, celebrating his 2nd-place finish.

When I posted that I thought they were going to be in the finals on ESPN, his reply was:

"They lied."

Don't know if he was kidding, don't know if I remember the whole plan wrong. But I figured someone else would like to hear that, and I figured that someone else would be you guys.

So in the Ultiworld article, Boucher said they spent upper 5 figures, nearing 6 figures. Assuming that wasn't simply more BS, what do we think of this groundbreaking broadcast?

Is ADGT/Salient/Kilgus finally done? Will they finally give up, but not before blaming everyone else? Are they beholden to run more events because of whatever they signed with ESPN promising a Tour?

What are some things you would have done to 'Grow the Sport' with that kind of money?

Starting a pool now on how long until they

(1) Claim success and victory; or

(2) Blame everyone else for failure.

I'm curious if they (ESPN3 or otherwise) will release the live stream numbers.

What got me about promoting the WGE (which by itself was a nice gesture) is that with the exception of a handful of two-day tournaments that carried over, the Women's Global Event was yesterday. (Crump said "today" multiple times)

I almost want to believe they chose that, and only that, to mention the PDGA because it conveniently "explained" why there were no women at their event.

On an almost separate issue, I thought the top Ams were also going to be in the Final 6. But earlier I saw a Facebook post from someone, celebrating his 2nd-place finish.

When I posted that I thought they were going to be in the finals on ESPN, his reply was:

"They lied."

Don't know if he was kidding, don't know if I remember the whole plan wrong. But I figured someone else would like to hear that, and I figured that someone else would be you guys.

I posted the same thing wondering about that.

I know I saw ADGT mention that the top AM's would get play time on ESPN3.

Not surprised that they didn't, although that seemed to be the "prize" the AM's were playing for what with no payout.

Also judging by the abysmal gallery, I'm sure the announcement that the top AM's wouldn't be shown, might have had something to do with that.

"They lied."

That's very unfortunate. The paying participants deserved the facetime more than non-participating pros. That won't be good for repeat business.

Starting a pool now on how long until they

(1) Claim success and victory; or

(2) Blame everyone else for failure.

Not sure you can call it either of these, honestly. The production quality was solid, but nothing groundbreaking. It was a middle of the road kind of event.

Depending on how you want to interpret it, this is what their site says right now regarding who was going to play the final round on ESPN3: "Finals featuring top player scores from any division will participate in the Live broadcasted ESPN3 finals."

attachment.php

On one hand, you could read that to mean top players in each division will get to play, so there'd be a card of Pros, a card of Ams, and a card of Seniors. On the other hand, you could read it to mean top players regardless of division got to participate, meaning that the top four scorers on the weekend would be featured. In that case, perhaps the top Am finisher would have played had his overall score been better than Barry's (but obviously he didn't).

Either way, there doesn't appear to be anything specifically promising Ams would be playing on the broadcast...at least on the website. If there was something on social media or players were told directly, that's another story.

Attachments

• adgt-espn3promise.gif
    adgt-espn3promise.gif
    20.8 KB · Views: 363
At 16:55 Crump says this is a par 4. Also, why do they need the # before the 2?

Attachments

• Screen shot 2016-05-15 at 3.11.45 PM.jpg
    Screen shot 2016-05-15 at 3.11.45 PM.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 142

"They lied."

It's impossible to know because the wording is so deliberately vague, and changes constantly...I thought it was the top 4 scores of pro or am that would be shown...so if an am cracked the top 4 they would have been shown. Maybe not?

Only the most professional--"this is the future of disc golf!!!!1!!"--of broadcasts don't show players walking down the fairway.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2016-05-15 at 3.21.30 PM.jpg
    Screen shot 2016-05-15 at 3.21.30 PM.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 170
It's impossible to know because the wording is so deliberately vague, and changes constantly...I thought it was the top 4 scores of pro or am that would be shown...so if an am cracked the top 4 they would have been shown. Maybe not?

I'm thinking I read something somewhere else.....but, hey, I've read a lot this week, my mind overfloweth with rubbish.

No I remember ADGT/one of their Reps, posting that top 4 Pros and top 4 AM's would be shown on the broadcast.

I remember it because of the reaction based on having AM's hacking it up on a live ESPN3 broadcast.

I know five ams that played in the event. They say the grounds were fantastic, the player's pack huge, and they had a blast.

39:10
"Basket just will not accept Ricky's disc... Dead Center... Spit right through... Never had a chance"

Never had a chance on these baskets lol

haha, first hole the camera follows the gallery away from the green instead of getting the players tapping out their putts. i guess nobody wants to see guys walking down the fairway, unless they're non-players spectating hard in the paint.

Latest posts