• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

American Disc Golf Tour

Better resolution

jAR7nC9.gif

Last edited:
Looks like they are making the people of Orangeburg happy about the tour stopping there http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/prevent-salients-remodel-of-the-orangeburg-disc

You have no idea.

Well, actually, they are making me happy, from a pure entertainment viewpoint. Not so much everyone else, though.

However, this might be tempered with a few facts. The Edisto Gardens course in Orangeburg was Chris Kilgus's home course when he started out, years ago. His employee, Shade Hogg, was a leader in the original club there. That's where Chris's business is, so he has ties to the community. It's not like they just rode into a new town and took over.

And with those caveats out of the way.....I'm out of good things to say. The rest is a mess.

You have no idea.

Well, actually, they are making me happy, from a pure entertainment viewpoint. Not so much everyone else, though.

However, this might be tempered with a few facts. The Edisto Gardens course in Orangeburg was Chris Kilgus's home course when he started out, years ago. His employee, Shade Hogg, was a leader in the original club there. That's where Chris's business is, so he has ties to the community. It's not like they just rode into a new town and took over.

And with those caveats out of the way.....I'm out of good things to say. The rest is a mess.

To add to this; The Orangeburg course in question is kind of a mess. It hasn't been kept up very well over the years and is in pretty bad shape. It also gets very little play outside of the very small group of super passionate locals. Frankly, the course really needs a facelift and if The club and parks and rec were unwilling or unable to do so going around them was probably the only way to get it done.

All that being said, this is pretty much the quintessential biting the hand that feeds you scenario. Pissing the local club off is really dumb, because those are the guys who you really need in your corner to support a struggling course, they are just about the only ones that really care, so burning that bridge is a pretty terrible idea.

To add to this; The Orangeburg course in question is kind of a mess. It hasn't been kept up very well over the years and is in pretty bad shape. It also gets very little play outside of the very small group of super passionate locals. Frankly, the course really needs a facelift and if The club and parks and rec were unwilling or unable to do so going around them was probably the only way to get it done.

All that being said, this is pretty much the quintessential biting the hand that feeds you scenario. Pissing the local club off is really dumb, because those are the guys who you really need in your corner to support a struggling course, they are just about the only ones that really care, so burning that bridge is a pretty terrible idea.

not to mention the two clubs close to Orangeburg are Charleston DGC and Columbia DGC. We have always helped, supported, etc...Orangeburg and the distaste for Salient is strong in our clubs also.

I see its a closed group. What are the issues they are concerned about? Is it like La Mirada Open that put it their own tee pads? Are they planning to completely and permanently change the course for one event? Or are they complaining that a ADGT event is in their back yard?

I see its a closed group. What are the issues they are concerned about? Is it like La Mirada Open that put it their own tee pads? Are they planning to completely and permanently change the course for one event? Or are they complaining that a ADGT event is in their back yard?

orangeburg is an older course with 3 distinct 9's. http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=1227

Salient(Shade) is re-designing the course to make it 18 holes only. One set of 9's has low areas that make 4-5 holes unplayable when the rains hard and heavy.