• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

American Disc Golf Tour

Mostly just about the production, which was justified. They stayed away from the other stuff, probably for the better.

The email from Chris they read was pretty revealing. They didn't dig too hard into it, but it was all there. Unsuprising Chris blames the lack of pro tournout and overall support on "brand loyalty to competing manufactures"

Right... We are all just innova homers, and that is it.

The tidbit about the PDGA not authorizing some of the prepackaged footage they wanted in the broadcast was solid gold. Good for Brian Graham and co on that one.

If they actually announced at the player's meeting that the top AM's would no longer get airtime, then that in itself is an admission.

That along with the screenshot doesn't help them.

I spoke to Brian Graham last Monday for my article on the event, and at that time he told me the ADGT had not contacted the PDGA at all. That was three days before the event, so there was time in between for that to change. But if the ADGT did reach out, what did they really expect to come of it?

No reason to think it isn't. Perfectly reasonable decision by the PDGA not not give publishing rights to an organization that went out of its way to distance itself as far as possible from the PDGA and even implied repeatedly that the PDGA was in bed with other disc golf manufactures to prevent the ADGT from getting what it wanted.

No reason to think it isn't. Perfectly reasonable decision by the PDGA not not give publishing rights to an organization that went out of its way to distance itself as far as possible from the PDGA and even implied repeatedly that the PDGA was in bed with other disc golf manufactures to prevent the ADGT from getting what it wanted.

I'm not so sure. A lot of the FPO footage came from 2014 Worlds at Pier Park and the WGE is a PDGA production. What would Graham have suppressed?

I did find it odd that ADGT used so much footage from PDGA events featuring players who weren't playing in their tournament. I think Billy got that over on them.

IMO using the production company as a scapegoat is bogus. If they really did advise the TD against showing another card (am, pro, whatever), here's the logical things that would lead to it:

1 - the client didn't adequately communicate what was happening in enough time for the TV crew to be prepared

2 - the TV crew didn't adequately communicate the requirements to pull off the client's wishes ahead of time

It's not like these guys just show up that morning and say "so what are we shooting again?"

Hi this is that Stuart guy.

I've brushed up on the posts in here over the last few days. Does anyone have any questions for me? I've spent the last couple of days digging up empty promises, misleading "info", and any other useful info I can find. I'd like to get every screenshot I can. Also, I'd like to know if it was truly announced in the players meeting that ams would not be featured on TV.

It could be viewed as a reasonable decision *IF* ADGT's claim to have contacted the PDGA to request permission to use the footage in question is true. Given the promoters' history of misrepresentations and dubious claims, skepticism regarding the veracity of the claim would not be unwarranted.

. They didn't dig too hard into it, but it was all there. Unsuprising Chris blames the lack of pro tournout and overall support on "brand loyalty to competing manufactures"

Hilarious. "We thoughtlessly scheduled a tournament when it would require touring pros to go thousands of miles out of their way, offered no added money for people scratching out a living on tour, undercut the organization they're part of.....nah, can't be our fault."

Or, "We've accused everyone else of corruption, trying to keep disc golf off ESPN to maintain their power and control over the sport. So why would they turn around and treat us badly?"

so was the original statement that the top card of each division would be aired live or that the top 4/5/etc. scores regardless of division would be shown?

Here's a blast from the bast...

OELH2si.jpg

so was the original statement that the top card of each division would be aired live or that the top 4/5/etc. scores regardless of division would be shown?

My memory, and that of others, was that it was the former.

The problem is, it may be unprovable. It may even be wrong.

People have screenshotted a bunch of incriminating statements, for posterity and to use if the authors delete them, which is usually the case. But it's doubtful anyone saved webpages, especially for things that people didn't imagine ever being an issue. Like the format of the rounds.

David,let me tell you where you and Stuart are wrong: Dr Kilgus and Jabba the Boucher aren't stupid. As we discussed on Facebook, they constantly show willful malfeasance by deleting comments and censoring dissenters.

They knew, from the beggining, that they were never going to show Ams. Because this originally WAS A PRO ONLY EVENT. They used ESPN to lure Ams from across the country, but they knew from jump street that they wouldn't show so much as a highlight for ams, because that was never their plan, ergo they never told the production crew that.

Salient has no issue with lying, but they use it as a last resort. Rather, they are experts at providing just enough information to trick people but not enough to be legally held liable.

There will never be a "smoking gun" because Salient knew what they were doing the whole time.

Andy, I understand what you're saying. I've certainly dealt with a lot of their careful parsing of words---such as "Live on ESPN Networks!"---particularly with some non-ADGT-related matters closer to home.

But I've also seen the outright lies.

In the case of the ESPN promises to Ams, I really don't know. And I'm certainly not suggesting anyone has a legal case against them. Not even theoretically, unless someone has documentation I haven't seen.

But if it's a matter of advising people against registering for future events, I see this as just one of dozens, if not hundreds, of issues that can be cited.

i hate to be harsh, but after all this, if someone is playing a Salient event or buying a Salient product, they deserve to be ripped off.

I get that not every disc golfer is plugged in to social media and DGCR, but to buy a Salient product or sign up for one of their events, you have to use the internet. A simple Google of their name reveals this entire ****storm. It will be the death knell for Salient, with or without drudging up more evidence.

People keep posing screen shots like they are smoking guns. Those screenshots mean absolutely nothing from my perspective and many others have said this. Its poorly worded so that you can make the assumption of what it means. Ams drank the koolaid, plain and simple.

Take this as step further, how does showing a bunch of 900 rated players on ESPN3 grow anything?

I can go to my local park and see that all day. Hell i could just film myself and watch that nonsense.