• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

amount found, lost, returned. what's your record?

A lot of people would disagree and say "the disc that will yield the highest success rate (which naturally would be a shot/disc that avoids ob) is the best choice. . ." If the most expensive disc I have in the bag is the right one, I would throw it right next to the grand canyon.

Hmm, well, I suppose some would look at it like that and that's fine, I'd just rather throw a beat up disc and/or a really cheap one when right next to a river since there's the possibility I might not get it back. Guess I'm a pansy, but if I'm going to lose a disc, it's gonna hopefully be one that I won't get a gut ache over losing. $15 dollars saved is worth more to me than possibly saving a stroke in a casual round with friends, but that's just me.

My logic is also this...if I'm so concerned that I may shank a fav disc into the drink, one of two outcomes are likely: A. Throw it in the river since that's what I'm thinking about NOT doing, or, B. Making a timid throw. Well, I don't want to lose a great disc, and I also want to get to the pin in the fewest throws possible, so if I can pin my ears back without worrying over whether it goes in the water, I may still lose my disc, but I'm definitely going to throw with more confidence and am more likely to get the throw I want. Just my 500 cents worth.

found, 10-11ish (8 without ink)
lost, 3
returned, 2
returned to me, 0

In all fairness 2 of the three that I lost were ones I found, and I didn't ink them. The other one I just didn't ink I shanked it deep into some woods

karma= call and you will be called

Unfortunately at this point in time that is not how it goes.

I remember finding my first disc and thinking this is awesome I just found $10, and then I found 8 in a pond one day and I was like hey thats $80. Then I realized some people wrote their info on them. It is kindof amazing how few people do write their phone # it isnt like it hurts to do it, even if you dont get a call, at least there is a chance a good samaritan will find it and call.

Lost 'N found

I've lost about 3 in the last 5 years and have found at least 10 or 12,I even sent one back thru the mail to a guy from New Mexico and I got a letter from him thanking me and he put a $10 bill in there to.:thmbup:

Yeah, if karma worked like that.

Karma is not some trendy catch all phrase for being nice and nice things happen to you, people.

Karma is part of the reincarnation cycle. What you do in this life impacts how you start off in the next. A soul makes it's way up the food chain from microbes to insects to small animals to large animals to man and then, that's it. Man is the last level of reincarnation, but it's a bitch of a level. Like the higher levels of an 80's arcade game hard. You can easily screw up enough to end up as a mouse or an insect again, depending on your actions. Or you might live the most awesome life ever... and when you die, you go and live with Brahma in paradise.

It is a deep religious and philosophical concept and even though your actions of returning discs might add to your chances of getting lucky the next life... well, it works exactly like that. Karma does not reward or punish you for things in this life. It does it in the next one. No exceptions.

So please, stop using Karma as a buzz word, people. It is really an insult to Hinduism to throw it around so casually.

Get off your high horse.
The word karma comes from sanskrit and is common to multiple world and religious views.
You're just persecuting other religions with this argument, acting no better than those christians.

Dye this on an unused and info-less disc (else you're just messing with people conscience... or you can roll that way too I guess) and chuck it into the rough. Guarantees a call for your next lost disc!
attachment.php

-Lost 6
-Found 2
-Had 0 returned to me (all inked)
-Returned 1, other uninked

I figured out that the best way to make sure my disc ends up back in my hand is by not throwing it badly

My friend always wrote a chicks name on his discs and he had everyone he lost returned to him. He just said it was his gf's when theyd call.

I've lost ~25 and only gotten two or three back. But one of those was an ace disc I left lying in the 18th fairway, so I figure that's pretty lucky. I've found around ~25, and every single one of those with a phone number has gotten a call. I keep the non-inked ones and return the rest to either the player or the respective lost and found. If there's no lost and found, I'll usually just leave it an hole 1 (or in whichever woods I find it), especially if I don't play the course on a regular basis.

I'm curious as to why so many players keep inked discs that they find. I did this for the first few months I played, but stopped when I realized that I already had enough discs. What's the point in keeping someone else's disc if you're not even going to throw it?

lost: 3
found: 8 or 9
returned by me: 3 (called back 5, but two told me to keep it)
returned to me: 0

Latest posts