• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

amount found, lost, returned. what's your record?

Well these parts must be different ova heara.

Not different as to what the right thing to do is (I disc that can be returned, should always try and be returned), but there's so many people that play here in the DFW area. Most, I would guess, are just newbies or casual round beginners and such. I find friends discs or peoples discs that I know every once in a blue moon, but most plastic here is unmarked, multimarked, or just names.

Are you honestly telling me that 84% of people in your area write their name and # on the discs? I have only found about 510-15% of people to write their info on the discs. Some write a name, but I am sorry if all you do is write a name but do not participate in leagues or tourneys I cannot hold onto that disc forever. I need a phone #, a DGCR username, or a PDGA # to track you down.

84% of people? No.
84% of the discs I have found? Yes.

That's what I'm saying!!! I Call Shananagans!!!

Did you just call me a liar? Go catch a driver with your face.

If it has ink on em, I try to call. Sometimes I will get someone on the other line that thinks im saying, Im trying to return their dick.

yeah, for true, what happened to "the dude on the bike?"

he probably is selling discs for super cheap at riverside

Yup, Ive bought several discs off dude on the bike, he has a milk crate strapped to the back of his ten speed full of discs he dug out of the river.

I am saying if you land in the drink and cannot be bothered to remove your shoes and retrieve it, you have written it off as a loss.

Yes, If you dont want to mess with snapping turtles,leaches,poop floating by,broken glass,needles etc... then your not gonna go into the Grandriver to get your disc back....ever. Ayway there are so many fools digging discs out of the river now its kind of ridiculous. Riverside used to be my hot spot, now I go there and look for 2 hours and dont find 1 disc. I used to find 20+ discs in about 15 minutes in years past. The problem is now so many kids have made it a daily thing to hit riverside and drain it of plastic, you wont find much these days unless you wait to see someone chuck one in the water and then they walk away and you go grab it. Old farm is the same, it used to have tons of plastic in that little pond, now you could look for 5 hours and you would be lucky to find one, little kids (sometimes like 10 of them) are always in the pond digging for discs now, they find them and sell them fo cheap and go buy candy or whatever.

Found: ~ 500
Returned:ALL OF THEM

Discs I've kept even though they aren't mine: 0

Ha ha, um yeah right!! Ill call shenanigans on that one. Anyone can be anything on the internet though, some people turn into badasses and some turn into Jesus.

Yeah, well, in the guy's defense, would you leave 15 bucks floating in the water and...."wait till you finished your round to retrieve it"? ...and really expect it to be sitting there when you returned?

Nope, especially not here in west MI. You walk away from your disc and its gone, like a fart in the wind.

Last edited:
If it has ink on em, I try to call. Sometimes I will get someone on the other line that thinks im saying, Im trying to return their dick.

Are you calling someone in Sanfransisco? Because its a good possibility they might have actually lost their strap on. :p:popcorn:

Also there are a bunch of threads on here about stuff found on the DG course, Dildo's have to be the number 1 thing found. There have been like 10-15 people who have said they found a dildo on the course.

Last edited:
Dildo's lost-0
Dildo's found-7
Dildos returned-0 (Im not touching that thing!!)

so jealous that i just don't have the time to hit up the hot spots in ohio to find discs like that. only real hot spots are just too far away

Yeah its kind of like treasure hunting. Its exciting to step on a disc under the mud and dig it out and wonder what you got!! Ive found some of the best discs that I have. My bag right now is probably 50% discs that I found in one of my several local water holes. Ive tried tons of new molds and different discs that I never would have tried by finding them and trying them, the ones that I dont like for whatever reason get traded or sold, Or Ill give them to a beginner person or a little kid who dosent have any discs (if they're ratty or worth less than 5 bucks)

I don't keep track, but I've lost dozens, a decent fraction have been returned, and some I got a call about but didn't care enough to get back.

I've also found a bunch, and returned every last one that had contact information on it. A very few were unmarked, so I kept those.

My son lost his 1st Ace disc with all his info. including 'full cost reward' written on it. And we have yet to get a phone call or an email. Either a noob found it and kept it cuz it said 'ACE' or someone who knew found it and added a perfectly seasoned Champ Valk to their bag. Poor disc, all alone in the world, with no bag to call home. I hope it doesn't turn to drugs.

I've lost a fair amount. Only 1 guy called to return a pro-d Buzzz. I told him to give it to a kid or something, because he said he didn't throw any Discraft.

I've found a few, mostly without any ink. The one or two I've found with numbers I've had a buddy call and return it (I don't carry a cell on the course).

I simply stopped writing my info on discs. Not worth the hassle. If I can't keep track of a disc, I probably don't deserve to have it to begin with. :\

Found: 3 (all unmarked)
Lost: 3
Returned to Me: 2

The only one that wasn't returned to me was one I hadn't marked yet.

I found an Aviar of some kind just sitting out basically in the open when I started my round one day, no one in sight... unmarked... I ended up trading it for a Cyclone with the guy who found the Wraith I lost :thmbup:

Will definitely give the person a call immediately if I find their marked disc somewhere. That's what I would want. It's not like I don't look hard for them...

I just started playing and i have "lost" my latitude 64 stryker about four times and after looking for it for a while i always seem to find it, one time a couple of nice fellas helped me look for it and they found it in a hazard 150 ft from where i thought it to be

I have found three disc, i called the phone numbers written on back and left them at the course office

it is nice to know alot of players are morally sound when it comes to finding someone elses disc

it is nice to know alot of players are morally sound when it comes to finding someone elses disc

I like to think this is true. There are some people that have a sense of entitlement and, dare I say greed, that leads them to believe that they're allowed to keep things that do not belong to them, but I try to think that most people would try to return something that someone loses.

I simply stopped writing my info on discs. Not worth the hassle. If I can't keep track of a disc, I probably don't deserve to have it to begin with. :\

Me too. And maybe the new 'owner' can throw it better than me! :)