• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] An overstable putter that doesn't like to roll

I you want very OS BT soft Harp, moderately OS RFF Wizard all day

Rollaways are part of the game. While a soft putter will reduce the chances a little, they aren't going to eliminate them. I would suggest practicing to land flatter (in line with the ground) in those hilly areas.

:thmbup: even Bowflys roll.

This may be the smart alek answer but....

Don't miss the putt. Confidence in your putter and your putting skills are worth more than the occasional roll away.

Besides, ALL discs can roll. Floppy ones supposedly roll less, but I've never tried any Vibram Soft, or Blowflies to test out the theory.

Edit...I was typing too slow...

I feel that, I'm looking for something for 60-150ft though, I don't know many people who would take the risk of increasing the chance of a bogey instead of hitting and sticking it on the hillside and taking the Par..
Maybe I just need to practice until I can hit those shots every time though

If you're coming in on a steep hyzer, the disc is going to have a chance to roll no matter what it is. I have seen a lot of new players heaving their discs out on a hyzer and not making the disc fly to the target (not sure if you are newer to the game or not but it bears mentioning). If you make the disc fly, it will land. If you heave it out there, it will crash land. That's when you're putting yourself in rollaway territory.

Of course sometimes bad rollaways happen no matter what. But if it's a persistent problem, it might be you.

agreed ^.

a large part of it is how you putt. putt flat and it is less likely to happen.

that said, i haven't had a single bad roll with my KC aviars that wasn't my fault - and only a couple of those. maybe it's because it's just very easy for me to putt flat with them, but i also think it's due to the stiffness of the plastic - once it hits the ground there is no flex to encourage a roll to develop. it has to land directly on its edge to do so, otherwise it just kind of curls around.

Thirding a Soft VP. If you don't mind the feel, it's exactly what you want. Mega HSS, and and very hit and stick. A rollaway is physically possible, but as close to unlikely as you're going to get.

agreed ^.

a large part of it is how you putt. putt flat and it is less likely to happen.

that said, i haven't had a single bad roll with my KC aviars that wasn't my fault - and only a couple of those. maybe it's because it's just very easy for me to putt flat with them, but i also think it's due to the stiffness of the plastic - once it hits the ground there is no flex to encourage a roll to develop. it has to land directly on its edge to do so, otherwise it just kind of curls around.

i'm dumb.

pay no attention to what i say whatsoever, ever again. thought this was another putting thread.

Latest posts