• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

ANDROID APP IS OUT!!

I'm trying to figure out what to do about these two tournament rounds from the beginning of the month. The course I played on only has one set of tees - those were used by intermediate and advanced. Rec played from alternate tees. Since the distance was different I manually entered them in. It won't let me approve of a round that doesn't have a specified teebox. Can you add something in the teebox option that lets you bypass this? Temp tees or something?

You can just choose a tee and update the distances. If you don't want it messing with your stats on a particular tee just edit it to not have a tee after you approve it.

You can just choose a tee and update the distances. If you don't want it messing with your stats on a particular tee just edit it to not have a tee after you approve it.

I tried not having a tee and it won't let it go through on the site. It says I still have to approve them and it won't let me approve them.

I tried not having a tee and it won't let it go through on the site. It says I still have to approve them and it won't let me approve them.
What I meant was choose a tee in the mobile queue, approve the round, then edit the tee in your scorebook to remove it and enter in the distances.

I went ahead and purchased the android app. have not used it much other than to find a course. works great so far. :)
Awesome! Thanks so much for getting it and glad the course finder is working for you :)

ESC Importing has been added to the Mobile Tools in the scorebook. You can only do a round at a time sadly but I guess it beats typing everything in manually :)

I love the app I have converted all my disc golf friends to using it. The only thing I wish it had was when you started a round it would link you to a course map instead of having to go to the site and find it . I know not all courses have maps but it just a thought ... I also know that it would be a big undertaking

I love the app I have converted all my disc golf friends to using it. The only thing I wish it had was when you started a round it would link you to a course map instead of having to go to the site and find it . I know not all courses have maps but it just a thought ... I also know that it would be a big undertaking
That's awesome kzoo! Thank you!

If you're in a round you can hit the 3-dot menu, view the course info and then under links/files tap a course map so it's loaded in the background and just switch over to it when needed. That's what I usually do.

That's awesome kzoo! Thank you!

If you're in a round you can hit the 3-dot menu, view the course info and then under links/files tap a course map so it's loaded in the background and just switch over to it when needed. That's what I usually do.

thanks for the heads up

Just rolled out version 1.14 of the DGCR App for Android. Here are the big things in this release (that aren't bug fixes).

An Import Recent Rounds option was added to the stats menu to speed up downloading of rounds from site. This way if a friend submits a round for you, you don't have to reimport ALL your rounds in your app to just get the new stuff. Tap Recent and it'll grab all the rounds from the last 5 days. Way faster!

People that have a ton of rounds will like this. Tapping Stats->All Rounds on the older version of the app could take 5-10 seconds to load if you had hundreds of rounds recorded (like me). That just wouldn't do, so the "All Rounds" button has been replaced with a "Recent Rounds" button. This will show you your last 50 rounds (way, way faster) and a "Show All Rounds" button has been added to the top of that list should you want to see something beyond the 50 round mark.

Any idea yet when the app will be available to IOS users?

My developer is going full steam ahead on it now... I'll definitely be posting updates as I get them. He already had a basic version of it up and running so things are going well.

People that have a ton of rounds will like this. Tapping Stats->All Rounds on the older version of the app could take 5-10 seconds to load if you had hundreds of rounds recorded (like me). That just wouldn't do, so the "All Rounds" button has been replaced with a "Recent Rounds" button. This will show you your last 50 rounds (way, way faster) and a "Show All Rounds" button has been added to the top of that list should you want to see something beyond the 50 round mark.

Thank you! I was going to complain about this! :thmbup:

My developer is going full steam ahead on it now... I'll definitely be posting updates as I get them. He already had a basic version of it up and running so things are going well.

This iPhone user is looking forward to trying it out. :thmbup:

Thank you! I was going to complain about this! :thmbup:

It was definitely annoying on my end and I didn't have the almost 700 rounds you have. I've been loving the recent button since I had it put in :)

This iPhone user is looking forward to trying it out. :thmbup:

I'm looking forward to trying it on my craigslist iphone that I bought for testing :)

I'm looking forward to trying it on my craigslist iphone that I bought for testing :)

:eek: Which version of iOS does your "Craigslist" iphone run on? Here's hoping there aren't any problems with it. I don't trust Craigslist all that much, but I understand how you could get a low price there for a tester. :)

I don't know, it's running the newest one? My developer is really familiar with iOS so he had an idea of the minimum version of iOS to shoot for, etc. I don't know what it is off the top of my head. I know I had to get an at least an iPhone 4s to test on though (pretty sure). I ended up getting a 5.

I have been working on iOS apps for almost two years now and would be willing to help out if you need. I am looking for projects to work on apart from my current position to polish up my resume. I have experience with iOS 7 and iOS 8. I really hope he didn't support anything less than iOS 7 as it's used by only a tiny percent of people and it's kinda a pain to support due to the large difference between iOS 6 and 7. Pm me if you need any help coding or testing.

It was probably iOS 7 that was the minimum then. I've contracted with him to code/support the app but I'm guessing we'll need beta testers at some point. I'll be announcing it here and on Facebook and Instagram when the time comes.

Latest posts