• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Anny ???

treehorn

Birdie Member
Hole #6 at our local track is a dog leg right, very tight with trees on both sides (maybe 15 wide the whole way down) and it's only 183' to the basket..

I've had success throwing a Stratus 168g with a nice slow gliding anny, but I recently lost it..

I'm know throwing a Tursas in 177g but I can never get it to bend like the Stratus.

So my question is.

Is it easier to throw annies with a lighter or heavier disc?

I think the weight is a factor but I'd say it has more to do with the mold & that particular discs flight characteristic than the weight.

I know this doesn't answer your specific question, but at only 183' to the basket, I'd work on learning to throw a RHFH. It doesn't need to go far, it just needs to be somewhat accurate.

Regarding anny shots, anhyzer is simply defined by releasing the disc wing up. What a disc does with a certain amount of anhyzer will also depend on the nose angle and will vary with the flight characteristics of the disc. Given the distance to pin is under 200' I would be tempted to try throwing an understable putter on the anny line, like an anode.

I think the weight is a factor but I'd say it has more to do with the mold & that particular discs flight characteristic than the weight.

agreed. Just buy another stratus, and you should be good.

Now in the same mold/plastic, a lighter one will be more likely to turn on you than a heavier one, but can't really compare across molds

I have found the Lat 64 Pearl is kicking my long-loved Stratus out of the bag. I almost aced a hole that sounds like a mirror-image of the one you're talking about with it (I am LHBH). The thing is a blast to throw!

i throw 168 range discs all the time, they seem to be more workable than max weight and i really havent noticed a diff in the wind

I feel like short L to R holes like this are tough to do with Anny, because of how throwing anny will stretch the distance. I also find it tough to hold the line on a turnover at shorter D like this. But that's me. (Maybe the answer is, yes, a lighter, US lid-like disc, which I don't currently have one.)

I think that putters are the way to go on this, especially being 183 feet. To address your question, i find heavy discs to be the easiest to control regardless of line being thrown and would probably throw this with a 175 aviar.

For shots 200 and less, I would seriously consider learning more about your putter. I throw SS Wizards (160-175gm) and they hold excellent lines when throwing hyzers/anny's.

Just throw a neutral putter BH

Or just as easily you could just flick something like a Wizard/Ion/Challenger/BBAviar or if it's a real hard right turn a Zone/Rhino/Pig/Etc at it and get all dem skip aces.