• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Another old fart

Mud Boy

I just turned 61 and started playing again last year after a thirty year absence. I played for a while in the mid 80's but when I moved back up north, there was nowhere to play so I forgot about it. I've been making up for lost time by playing every chance I get, and my game is slowly starting to improve. Man, I love this game!:thmbup:

good deal. keep researching on here and youll find tricks, tips, and techniques to greatly improve your game.

happy hucking

Awesome welcome to DGCR from CA!

You should post a thread on how the sport has changed in that time. I think you probably have a really cool perspective on this sport! :thmbup:

At 50, having fun and getting off the couch are the keys to me. If you get too carried away DG can get expensive, stressful and not fun...don't let that happen.
I'm not saying I don't care how I play, I do, but if I have a bad day, I still have fun and I still get some good exercise.
Good luck Mud Boy and have fun!

I've found disc golf to be decent exercise when your 36, lugging around 20 discs and water. Plus I love to try ride my bike to courses for extra exercise.

Welcome back from GA!
I too played in the 80's. Back then it was just a frisbee being thrown at objects...we've come a long way.

Welcome. Enjoy all the great learning tools here as they will greatly improve your game. Hope to still be playing when I get to my "golden years" (not too far away actually)! Just have fun!

Allot of people have taken a hiatus and end up coming back... I did, and am way more into this second time around!

Welcome

Latest posts