• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Another way to mark your disc?

Lewis

* Ace Member *
For the first year or so after I got "back" into disc golf after college, I would mark my discs with my first name, phone number, and email address. Recently I've only been marking my first name and phone number on them, but I still throw several of the older discs with the email address on them. Twice now -- once just today for a disc that I lost on April 18 :) -- the person who found one of my lost discs sent me an email instead of calling my phone. Now I'm beginning to wonder if some people would rather email a stranger instead of calling them. I may start putting my email address on my discs again, in addition to my phone number.

Does anybody else do this, or have you ever contacted a found disc's owner using email? What results have you had?

Some do all.

e-mail: may be better for a stranger
cell: in case you're actually at the course at the time (works well if playing a busy course)
phone: standard way to reach someone

I also add my Social Security Number, DOB, mother's maiden name, and favorite flavor if ice cream...just in case.

But the email is a good idea, because I don't like calling random people...it's weird.

I also add my Social Security Number, DOB, mother's maiden name, and favorite flavor if ice cream...just in case.

But the email is a good idea, because I don't like calling random people...it's weird.

Yeah there is a point where you could give too much away.

I stopped marking mine all together unless I am playing with someone who has the same disc; then I will just put my name on the inside of the rim.

Whatever you people do; whether it is a phone number or email, complete the damned thing! Put .com at the end of the email or whatever but for crying out loud; if you put a phone number on there, include the damned area code!

I have found 2 discs in the past year with no area code so I am left to research or guess and call random people who have no idea what I am talking about. Its the last time I do that to. If you want me to make the effort to return the disc, you can put the effort into marking the number complete and clear; and if you do that, I will get it back to you.

I'm considering writting Ken Climo on all my discs with my cell number. I figure that people are more willing to return a disc to a known pro rather than some strange dude. Would this be considered disc fraud or identity theft???

I'm considering writting Ken Climo on all my discs with my cell number. I figure that people are more willing to return a disc to a known pro rather than some strange dude. Would this be considered disc fraud or identity theft???

Haha, you would get called but dont expect to get the disc back. They will say it has Ken Climo's name on it and your not Ken Climo.

I still like the "for a good time" idea best.

On all of my discs I put my address and where I keep my spare key so they can just drop it off at their own convenience.

You should also mention where you keep your disc bag so they can put it in there if your not at home

I usually have my bag with me so I just put a note on there to leave it between my MacBook and my LCD TV, which ironically I no longer have for some reason, but I have gotten my perfectly seasoned Star Destroyer returned twice!

I know this one dude who asks the disc finder to just drop of their disc in any post office's blue box as his address is on the disc and the post office will deliver the disc to the said address and then he would pay the post office carrier the postage due. and this person told me it was a little over $2.00.

of course if you found it in water or mud you would want to clean the disc off before dropping it in the mail box. so the other mail wouldn't get damaged that is in the mail box.

pretty good idea, huh?

Last edited:
They will deliver a disc just dropped in the mail with an address on it???

They will deliver a disc just dropped in the mail with an address on it???

Yeah, this is the second way I get my discs back because some people don't want to hand deliver it to my living room those lazy bastards. Every time I lose a disc I put an envelope with 2 dollars in it addressed to Mr. Postman in my mailbox. I do this every day until the disc is delivered. I've been doing this for around 7 years straight now and it's up to 22 dollars a day now for my 11 lost, non-returned discs, but I know one day I'll get those prized Polecats back and I want to make sure I have the postage paid once they're delivered.

Yeah, this is the second way I get my discs back because some people don't want to hand deliver it to my living room those lazy bastards. Every time I lose a disc I put an envelope with 2 dollars in it addressed to Mr. Postman in my mailbox. I do this every day until the disc is delivered. I've been doing this for around 7 years straight now and it's up to 22 dollars a day now for my 11 lost, non-returned discs, but I know one day I'll get those prized Polecats back and I want to make sure I have the postage paid once they're delivered.

Hey I need to make some extra $ - do you happen to know if your post office is hiring??? :D

I used to mark my disc's all of the time but never got one of them back. I figured the heck with it and started to just figure they were gone forever never to return to me.

Latest posts