• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Any one played these courses

KENDOG

I am looking to play these courses Golden Hills DGC (Paso Robles), Waller Park, Preisker PDG (Santa Maria) and Languna Lake, Sinsheimer Park (San Luis Obispo). If you have played one of these give me a rundown on them.

Welcome to the site! Your time will not be wasted here.

Check the course directory for info on these courses. I am sure there are others here who played and can give additional information than is included in the reviews.

I have played Waller Park. It is a very well maintained 27 hole course. Pretty open and flat. I don't remember it being terribly challenging but it is definitely worth a round or two. They also change the pin positions fairly frequently so some days it may be more of a challenge than others.

If you have the time I would recommend Coyote Point in the Ventura area. It a little farther south than Santa Maria but worth the trip. It is a gorgeous course and has many interesting holes.

i too have played waller park.... i think the signs at the course indicate that its called Waller Pines DGC.

it's a pretty nice course setup in an urban park. lots of large trees, lots of awesome grass. the only drawback that i could see while playing the park was lots of other park users. The only NEGATIVE thing i can say is, we were approached by a "youth" and he pretty much demanded that we give him a disc... and he was not very nice about it, and neither were his "friends" felt pretty much like a gang threat to me. but other than that i had a great round.

we will be hitting up this course on the way home from our arizona road trip so i will do a full review and post pictures once i have them.

I got to play Waller Park, Preisker PDG (Santa Maria) Sinsheimer Park (San Luis Obispo). and would encourage finding a guide at these courses. Neither Santa Maria courses had tee signs when I played them.

I don't know why, but at least 30% of all the courses I've played don't have tee signs. If I'm going to invite you to my house for a beer, wouldn't you like some directions. Well by having these courses in the directory, someone is inviting someone else to come and play disc golf in their park. So we come to play and there isn't any tee signs. Now what. you could either wait til someone comes along or struggle through the course hoping you find the correct holes.

another thought, while I have your attention is, how come there isn't any posted next tee signage. I found a real inexpensive trick, that I first saw at the SeaTac disc golf course in Seattle. Just use some colored electrical tape on put it in the basket well in the direction of the next tee.:confused:

i too have played waller park.... i think the signs at the course indicate that its called Waller Pines DGC.

it's a pretty nice course setup in an urban park. lots of large trees, lots of awesome grass. the only drawback that i could see while playing the park was lots of other park users. The only NEGATIVE thing i can say is, we were approached by a "youth" and he pretty much demanded that we give him a disc... and he was not very nice about it, and neither were his "friends" felt pretty much like a gang threat to me. but other than that i had a great round.

we will be hitting up this course on the way home from our arizona road trip so i will do a full review and post pictures once i have them.

:eek::eek::eek: