• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Any Thumber or Tomahawk Aces?

the wrist

Par Member
I've been searching for mine. I've hit basket and chains near a dozen times. They come in HOT I'm guessing thats the main reason they don't stick. So let me know I need to know that it can happen.

Out of my old man's 5 aces I believe 3 are overhead shots. It's all luck in my opinion, basically whether it catches enough chains/lip of the bucket/pole to keep it in or whether it flails out.

I have a thumber ace and have witnessed a tommy ace so yeah its possible, you gotta drop it right in the basket though. Hitting the chains that hot will just push you out.

no aces, but did hit a shot from about 150ft up over some cedars with a tomahawk.

Someone tagged the tee sign on #6 River Hill (Lexington, KY) with a thumber ace... dunno if it actually happened.

I saw a near Tomahawk ace on #5 Veteren's Park (also Lexington), another 3" and it would have dropped straight into the basket. Another 3" past that, and it would have doinked off the top of the basket and rolled all the way down the hill.

My buddy hit metal on a thumber on #4, 180' at Oaks Park - College Station, TX ---this hole is blind and heavily covered by a canopy up top...

Right behind my biddy I threw the same thumber and HIT chains. There was a group on the next tee who confirmed the hole out.

So...I've never atually seen one but I have one!!! :hfive:

My only ace is a thumber. My Banshee kicked off a tree while it was still upright, so that may have slowed it down enough to stick in the basket.

My one and only ace was with a tomahawk. I've hit the same basket/chains like a dozen times so im sure its not the preferred method for sticking.

I haven't seen or hit on, but a buddy of mine told me the other day that a couple have been hit on one of the holes at our home course.

I did nearly bounce one in last year popped right up and just couldn't quite make it over the edge of the basket to go in

earlier in the summer, i threw a tommy with a flx surge SS on a short, wide open, 156 foot hole because my the group didn't believe i had any accuracy at all with it. as soon as it was all the way over on it's topside, it skipped off the top of the basket about 5 inches too high for an ace

Someone tagged the tee sign on #6 River Hill (Lexington, KY) with a thumber ace... dunno if it actually happened.

I saw a near Tomahawk ace on #5 Veteren's Park (also Lexington), another 3" and it would have dropped straight into the basket. Another 3" past that, and it would have doinked off the top of the basket and rolled all the way down the hill.

Darryl(local) hit an ace on #5(Vets) a few weeks ago and I think it was an overhand shot.

Last edited:
I have two Thumber aces - On the same hole with the same KC Banshee (Shillito #15). One in the Lexington Open and other was in local league play.

I've also bounced off the top of that hole and Shillito #11 multiple times with a Banshee.

Last edited:
One of my good buddies got a tomahawk ace. It was pretty sweet to watch, hit just the right spot in the basket and it stuck no bouncing around or anything.

Latest posts