• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Anybody else like the FLX Challenger?

Midnightbiker

* Ace Member *
Bronze level trusted reviewer
I discovered this disc, and I really like it for 30ft and in. Over that, I still use my Titanic, but for short putts, this thing rocks.

I like it. I don't use mine but it is a disc I like to putt with when practicing.

I love my FLX Challenger. It's the only putter I putt with and I'll use it for about 90% of my shots from about 225' and in.

Give it a little while, pretty soon you won't need that titanic anymore.

Got my first ace with a flx challenger in the Save the Moose tournament, I loved them until I found the soft x challenger, those are $

Got my first ace with a flx challenger in the Save the Moose tournament, I loved them until I found the soft x challenger, those are $
Im a long time cryztal z challenger fan, i switched after finding the soft x.

Soft Challengers are pretty money, but I do so much driving/approaching with my Challenger that a Soft one lasts me about a week. I tried carrying both for a while, but I eventually decided that I was more consistent using only the FLX.

I have only ever seen one in action and it seemed to work well. I would like to compare one to the Focus since that is the disc in my bag that it would replace. If someone can convince me that it is a good putter to drive with, better than the Focus, then I will consider picking one up. I do like the FLX plastic in general so I am open to the idea.

The Challenger is such a great disc in any plastic. I use The cryZtal Z for drives, The FLX for any shot under 100' and the Soft X for true putts. It is the only putter I carry now. I always need more so if you find you get one and don't like it let me know what you want and we can trade.

I miss my lost FLX challenger a bunch but I'm glad to still have my cryztal Z, as thats my money one.

i cant wait to use mine!!!! i picked up a 174 FLX for christmas. ive only had aviars (star and jk pro) theyre ok, not the best. id like to try some more putters.

i cant wait to use mine!!!! i picked up a 174 FLX for christmas. ive only had aviars (star and jk pro) theyre ok, not the best. id like to try some more putters.

A challenger could, in theory, be a big step.

Or it could really be like that simple tweak that makes it finally just click for you. Putters are weird like that.

But I will say this, Challenger is an AMAZING driver and AMAZING approach disc.

\/\/

I do! It was a marriage maid in heaven. I have dropped my score by 2 since using it for my go to putter at 50 feet or less. i still prefer my Aero for longer.

Get a Wizard Midnight. Come to the light and be free from your putter problems. Step away form the Challenger. Unless you're driving. Then bang it off the trees to save your Wizard.

I am a thumbtrack guy so I like the Banger-GT and think the Challenger is just that without the thumbtrack so havent tried it.

Get a Wizard Midnight. Come to the light and be free from your putter problems. Step away form the Challenger. Unless you're driving. Then bang it off the trees to save your Wizard.

I have a Wizard, and I like how it flies straight, but it seems to blow through the chains alot, so I don't use it.

Latest posts