• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Anybody NOT ink their discs?

Monkeypaws

* Ace Member *
Premium Member
I don't - I hate to do it, and while I'd love to get a call if I lost a precious disc, I do keep beaters in my bag it there's a good chance I'll be trowing in in water, etc.

I guess I dislike it the same way I dislike tattoos.

Me.

At my home course it's virtually impossible to lose a disc. And nobody around here throws MVP, which is what most of my bag is.

Edit: Yea I forgot about tourneys. If I were to play one, I'd just dot it like Scooter.

Last edited:
i don't ink mine no ones ever called me when i used to so i think its a waste. if i lose a disc maybe some noob will pick it up and get excited and keep playing the game of disc golf.

ive never inked a disc in my life..and ive never been called for it so i likelynever wil

I just put a dot on the underside nipple of my discs

Gotta keep it PDGA legal

This. I dont do it all that often, but I've had people say things to me when they notice that mine aren't. I've actually had some luck with people returning discs to me when I lose them. Most of the time I tell them to keep it because in my mind it's gone forever.

I lost two strokes in a tournament when two of us with identical wizards putted out with the wrong discs. I'm considering adding my initials to the top of my discs in addition to the ink on the underside.

I don't ink mine while I'm testing them out, but something that is going to be a permanent edition gets inked. I've gotten calls/texts when I lose them in findable areas. But for discs I'm testing, I don't b/c if I don't like it, I believe person receiving it would feel better with a clean disc.

I've run the gamut: initially name, phone#, pdga #, and even flight ratings on the back plate. Then moved it to the rim 'coz it's ugly. Then, after eventually losing 10 discs and only getting one call, I offered a reward (never got a call back). Now, I will only ink something really special to me, or for tourneys.
On the other hand, (per Golden Rule), I have always, and will always go out of my way to return a found disc.

i don't ink mine no ones ever called me when i used to so i think its a waste. if i lose a disc maybe some noob will pick it up and get excited and keep playing the game of disc golf.
This is how i look at it too. If i lose a buzzz or whatever then i just take it as a loss and hope a new player finds it and continues to play more. I see discs more or less as rentals anyway. You're bound to lose one or 30 over your playing career.

I call or text every time I find a disc. Several times the owner has met me at the course. One owner thanked me for calling but told me to keep the disc. Last weekend I found two putters. I know.... Putters? I called the number and the owner was an eight year old kid. I drove them to his granmother's house. So if you ever play cedar hil or duncanville, tx; ink your discs. I will definitely contact you if you lose them.

i dont. im not worried about it being returned, i look until i find it. and i dont play tourneys.

I ink the underside on the rim. So it's not to noticeable. But I am hoping if I ever loose one it will be returned. I have returned 7 so far with 0 returns. But one day it will happen

I use an industrial label maker and just put my name and phone#. The labels I use are 1/4" wide and last for years when exposed to the weather. But they will peel off if need be. I don't play PDGA events and never have been even questioned about my markings.

I don't, I absolutely HATE ink. Especially considering I throw Lat64 and MVP, it would just sully gorgeous looking discs!

My sentiments exactly! :clap:

Putting a sticker isn't a bad idea though, like the mailing labels i get from the March of Dimes, Habitat, etc.

I am surprised by your responses, pleasantly.

My sentiments exactly! :clap:

Putting a sticker isn't a bad idea though, like the mailing labels i get from the March of Dimes, Habitat, etc.

I am surprised by your responses, pleasantly.

Sticker is fine......as long as you don't play tournaments....

Then again Discraft did/does this and half the people keep them on.

Latest posts