• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Anyone else just not like tie-dye discs?

I own a couple, but I almost never throw them, especially this time of year, with all the leaves down. I'm not a fan, like everybody else, I have a hard time finding them.

Almost every disc in my bag is tye dye and I never look for discs....:\

I like some of them, but the same old spun tie dye look gets a little stale for me.

I had a bad experience with tye-dyes, I found a champ boss in the water and just threw it in the bag not really caring about drying it off. The next day I go out to play I see the champ boss is top to top with my favorite star boss with a Detroit red wings dye and the heat combined with the excess water pulled the fly dye onto my white and red boss. I'll give away or sell any tye dye disc

i don't hate tye dye discs. i hate people that throw lots of them on wooded courses with lots of undergrowth, don't follow their throws, and then expect me to help them look for 10 minutes each time they lose one.

Tye dyes are cool until you have to look for them in the weeds. Not a great idea to buys these at all unless someone can invent a tracker for use on discs.

I've got 4 [all finds], but only a red/yellow/purple EliteZ XL sees any time in my bag, and it only gets used for long approach shots on non-undergrowth courses.
And though I don't mind disc-hunting a bit for my friends, tye dyes definitely are the usual culprits, take the most time, and are thrown by the least accurate arms.

I thought tye dyes were the hardest to find till I skull F*^%ed myself by creating these monstrosities.

picture.php

Unless it was a 100% green park course, took me 5 minutes to find this disc even if I was following closely.

picture.php

This one speaks for itself.

I have a bag full of dyes, but no tye dyes.

I had a bad experience with tye-dyes, I found a champ boss in the water and just threw it in the bag not really caring about drying it off. The next day I go out to play I see the champ boss is top to top with my favorite star boss with a Detroit red wings dye and the heat combined with the excess water pulled the fly dye onto my white and red boss. I'll give away or sell any tye dye disc

Been there, regretted that! White star is like a sponge for any color. It's like a blank brick wall waiting for graffiti.

I like tie dyes, but only in champy plastics and I'm particular about them. The majority of what I see for sale doesn't grab me at all but some are really cool. The circle-spun stuff does get kind of boring.

Won't throw what I can't find. Clear, yellow, green and tie-dye.

But the tie-dye Z Comets I've seen look sweet.

Agreed. Tie-dyed discs look cool, but are hard to find in the rough. Best to hang 'em on the wall!

I dont really care if my discs are dyed or not, but i wont go out LOOKING to buy flydye discs. I have a flydye Valk because I wanted to throw a Valk, but couldnt find a Champ one under $15. Got one on the boards for $10, happened to be flydye.

Weird... Its VERY gummy feeling... Unlike the other flydyes ive held, and unlike the Champ discs in my bag.

For me: the easier a disc is to find the better. IMO, anything that breaks up the solid color pattern of a disk makes it harder to see. I think fly-dyes look great, but I never want to own one - HATE looking for them. Don't really like most dye jobs for the same reason. :\

I like tie-dye for a few specific discs just to monitor/understand the rotation. Get some mild to serious hate for it though.

Specifically love tie-dye Comets, wouldn't want to throw them in any other color. It's also kinda cool to see the spin on my tie-dye Flick that I use almost solely for overhand shots.

I like tie-dye for a few specific discs just to monitor/understand the rotation. Get some mild to serious hate for it though.

^Excellent point! :thmbup: I'd still hate looking for them, but some patterns would make it a lot easier to see how fast a disc is spinning. This could be useful to understand on different releases (e.g FH v. BH, etc).

Latest posts