• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Anyone highly offended by the term frolf?

I dont get offended by it. I kinda laugh to myself when I here folks around here say it every once in a blue moon.

I correct them by telling them:

"It's not called FROLF, buddy.... It's called 'Didge'..." (i.e. DG/Didge)

Dr. Fred (see 10 years ago on the old rec.sport.disc newsgroup) used to call it "dolf" and his screen name was "dolfwyz".

I hate Frolf it angers me

To me, Frolf is like saying phrases such as: "Rooty Tooty Fresh and Fruity" and "Piggly Wiggly". As well as Bosses/Managers who insist on Clapping their hands together and saying "Lets Rock and Roll!"

Annoying

To me, Frolf is like saying phrases such as: "Rooty Tooty Fresh and Fruity" and "Piggly Wiggly". As well as Bosses/Managers who insist on Clapping their hands together and saying "Lets Rock and Roll!"

Annoying

that should be someone sig.

Feel Free. I just felt like getting that off my chest. :)

I'm a bit of a terminology nazi, so yeah, it bugs me. It also bugs me when people bring me their computer and call it the 'CPU', or when Microsoft calls it a 'Subnet Mask', or when people call a magazine a clip (pretty much every TV cop show), but ah well. What can you do?

FROLF

frolf.jpg

I'm a bit of a terminology nazi, so yeah, it bugs me. It also bugs me when people bring me their computer and call it the 'CPU', or when Microsoft calls it a 'Subnet Mask', or when people call a magazine a clip (pretty much every TV cop show), but ah well. What can you do?

...or when people say "Supposebly". ;)

It does not offend me. However when I hear someone say it, I know I'm listening to a moron.

YUP

Some of the guys I shoot with still call em frisbees:)
and they will spank you with a stratus...and without shoes;)

I could see that. I call it disc golf, but if I'm talking to someone who doesn't know what it is I say frisbee golf. Frolf is very unappealing to me, so as someone else said on here, let's call it that. Less people on the course = cool beans.

I'm a bit of a terminology nazi, so yeah, it bugs me. It also bugs me when ..... people call a magazine a clip (pretty much every TV cop show), but ah well. What can you do?

Yeah I cant stand that either. It's like they got that from listenin' to too much "gangsta rap". Weak.

"Yo cuz... Let's load up some clips fo deez fools."

I've been lucky, I've only heard it once in my almost 10 years of playing this game and that was earlier this year. I actually LOL'd when the guy said it too. That being said, I'm not offended by it, it's just dumb.

Latest posts