• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Anyone throw the Villain or Giant?

Got out there with a differen't Villian today and man it does get out there. This one has much more glide than the first one i picked up and im guessing because it seems there is a lil more dome on it. Also got a lighter Giant and man it does bomb. If i had to compare the Giant to anything it would be like a fresh P-line PD2

Well Dave couple things. It's a smaller rim width(based on feel) than other "speed 13/14". Part that is all the rim depth. So you have a tall disc with a good size flight plate and for the most part they all have a nice formed dome(not flat or too poppy). The disc can get a lot of air under it. A lot of other manufacturers make speed 13s that come out flatish so even a good mold gets no chance to air out.

It's just easy to grip, which is huge for big-d. The quasar is honestly a bit hard for me to grip hence why I prefe the straighter ones

I just threw my Giant and Villain for the first time. It was only 5 throws each so these arent final impressions, just the first. While I was hoping that the villain would be the havoc I always wanted, I was wrong. This thing is more Overstable than I expected. While it is easier to grip than a halo, I find for me it flies pretty similar with a little more glide. Both discs flew straight and flat before taking a hard dive once they slowed down. I would def say the giant has more LSS Fade than the villain and the potential for skips is greater with the giant Some say they are getting a -1/3 out of the villain and I didnt see that yet. So far its flying as advertised at a 0/4 for me. The Giant is just a touch faster and I got more glide out of it than I did the villain but that may be cuz I throw swords as a main driver and the rim on the giant is very similar. My swords arent going anywhere but one of these may turn into my new headwind driver.

6905518656_f4aae9b5e2.jpg
[/url]
IMAG0361 by highcountryphotographer, on Flickr[/IMG]

My new swirly VIP Giant!

Going to test it with my new Villian tomorrow, can't wait!

threw them both today.
the giant is like a beefy destroyer... NO TURN whatsoever.
the villain is very valkyrie like, no difference to me. so they're up for grabs :)

I tried out my villain on the course on almost every hole to see what it could do (always second shot from the tee). In my assessment of my two Villains with about 30ish throws:

The Villain is a faster but slightly less stable XXX. I haven't been able to try it in 20mph or greater winds yet, but it is definitely more stable than my Blitz. I am not an extreme power player, but I can get a Blitz out past 300' regularly. It takes a great throw for me to get the Villain out to 300' (I consistently put my Halos out 350 and Havocs 375). I have been able to throw huge hyzer bombs over tall obstacles with the Villain with more ease than the XXX (tops out around 275).

Right now, it doesn't have a spot in my bag. My XXX and Blitz are going to be my wind drivers. I might bring it out on an extremely windy day to see if it can perform better that the XXX on those 30mph wind days.

The pink Giant ;) Ha. You should really hold onto that one Jeff :hfive:

I tried out my villain on the course on almost every hole to see what it could do (always second shot from the tee). In my assessment of my two Villains with about 30ish throws:

The Villain is a faster but slightly less stable XXX. I haven't been able to try it in 20mph or greater winds yet, but it is definitely more stable than my Blitz. I am not an extreme power player, but I can get a Blitz out past 300' regularly. It takes a great throw for me to get the Villain out to 300' (I consistently put my Halos out 350 and Havocs 375). I have been able to throw huge hyzer bombs over tall obstacles with the Villain with more ease than the XXX (tops out around 275).

Right now, it doesn't have a spot in my bag. My XXX and Blitz are going to be my wind drivers. I might bring it out on an extremely windy day to see if it can perform better that the XXX on those 30mph wind days.

I can't throw quite as far as you do... around 50 feet less, but I have come to the exact same conclusion that you have. It's only in my practice bag. (I only have one Villian).

I also have come to the same conclusion on the Villian...

My XXX and Havoc (it's overstable enough) have got me covered for my OS needs. I just could not push the Villian out as far as my these two.

Jury is still out on my Giant....

My Villian may be making it to the MP if it doesn't find a spot.:wall:

I can't throw quite as far as you do... around 50 feet less, but I have come to the exact same conclusion that you have. It's only in my practice bag. (I only have one Villian).

I'm going to play a couple of forehand only rounds to improve that part of my game. The Villian will get another chance.

I'm going to play a couple of forehand only rounds to improve that part of my game. The Villian will get another chance.

More effective for me throwing forehand. Other discs performed better (again).

The Villian is the #1 villian of my collection. It stole my money. I have no use for this disc at this time. I'll try to beat it up... but it's opto.

I got some throws in with the Giant today. 168 Tournament. Quite fast. Decently stable.

I liked it. Gave me good D.

I'll need to do a lot more work with it yet.

Only had the VIP Giant for a week but I definitely like it. Holds a very straight line for a long time, much like a Sword, but solid finish. This means that I can wail on it with a little intentional OAT to keep it low and it will not turn or flip on me. It has tremendous glide, even into a headwind. Not as overstable as the Nuke OS, XCaliber, or Ape, but it is no slouch purposely fighting out of an anhyzer. I think because this disc has so much glide that it is going to be a winner.

I've been throwing the villain for three weeks now. Opto at 169g. It is a faster longer firebird. I can consistently throw forced flex flick shots that no other disc will perform. Xxx short. Villain long.

Latest posts