• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

anyone use 150 weight discs?

I've never been a fan of intentional rollers... it always feels like cheating to me. I can understand the need for them, say there's heavy tree coverage. However, I've seen guys throw them on every hole and that just doesn't seem right.

True, but they are taking the risk the disc will strike something and go awry, aren't they?

150 JK Valkyrie... love it. Added considerable length to vs. my 175ish Vals. But definitely with the wind or with no wind as has been said before.

And so what if I have a girl's name on my disc? :D

I just started throwing a 150 LS Polaris for tunnel and narrow fairways. It works great.

i have a 150g gazalle that now that its starting to show some wear flips easily.

I still use my 152 Shark DX and 150 Aviar P&A in DX, couldn't control a 150 driver anymore though.. guess I was trying to throw to hard and people told me to get a higher wt.

I got a 150gm (148.7 actually) DX sidewinder free with my $5.00 USDGC ticket. This disc flies sweet! I have to put a hyzer-release on it & not throw too hard & the thing will do a nice long 'S' turn. In a cross wind it 'air-bounced' a bunch but still ended up making it all the way straight to the target. Killer disc. Here's a picture of one with a bunch of writing all over it.
08USDGCdisc_top.jpg
too bad!

ROLLERS SUCK!

im glad someone said it. im proud to say ive never intentionally thrown a "roller" on a disc golf course. what makes this sport so enjoyable for me is watching a forehand with a perfect S-curve speed through a fairway cut into the trees, or a backhand that you know came out just right slice through the air and land 10 feet from the basket in about 5-10 seconds. the excitement of the sport dwindles dramatically when watching a disc roll on the ground skip over a root, nearly miss a stump, skip over another root, pick up "speed" as it rolls down a hill, then circles around itself a few times before coming to a stop, in all of say 10-20 seconds. i dont want to insult anyone that is a "roller" out there, and by all means if thats how you want to play go out and have a blast (or a roll) but these disc companies dont put all the effort into creating the most advanced flying plastic discs they can, only to have it rolled down the fairway. i dont think anyone out there will disagree that the flight of a thrown disc is a thing of beauty compared to the route(?) of a rolled disc.

oh and you cant ace a hole with a roll.

one last question, do any of you rollers throw bowling balls at the pins?
You could get a roller-skip ace!!
Check out this roller & tell me it's not impressive:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZJIVb0RhMI
Respect the roller!

I have a 156 teebird that I use for uphill shots or huge downhill shot that works quite well since it is overstable. Anything understable I just turn over quickly.

150g

I have a 150 dx beast that goes hard left for my sidearm shot. I also have a 150g champ Sidewinder that is my everything disc. It is straight and narrow, it's great out of the rough when thrown overhand.....I would be lost without that disc. And I just got a 150 valk I can't wait to throw...

My favorite "get-out-of-trouble" disc is a 148 champion banshee. First learning discs were an archangel and a valkyrie, both 150's. Only roller is a 150 stingray.

Many of the Japanese players at Worlds that I met (at past events) all used 150 class discs.

I cannot. Too much arm speed... I guess? they all roll.

To "throw with a slower arm speed" is not really all that successful for me.
I just club down and throw a roc.

Many of the Japanese players at Worlds that I met (at past events) all used 150 class discs.

I cannot. Too much arm speed... I guess? they all roll.

To "throw with a slower arm speed" is not really all that successful for me.
I just club down and throw a roc.

I believe that at the Japan Open (and possibly other Japanes tournaments) you are only allowed to play with 150 class discs. So maybe most of the Japanese players use 150 class discs all of the time.

I could see the use for overstable light weight discs so that it is easier to overpower, making it easier to throw at first. Any understable discs that light tend to quickly flip on me with very little effort. I want to get my hands on something overstable....Anyone have thoughts as to what? From Innova VS. Discraft?

I could see the use for overstable light weight discs so that it is easier to overpower, making it easier to throw at first. Any understable discs that light tend to quickly flip on me with very little effort. I want to get my hands on something overstable....Anyone have thoughts as to what? From Innova VS. Discraft?

Maybe a Star FL if you can get your hands on one. I have one and it really taught me what overstable was all about. Innova recommends it as a first overstable disc and so do I.

http://www.innovadiscs.com/discs/starfl.html

Latest posts