• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

anyone use 150 weight discs?

I might have misspoke, and I have no ill respect for the rollers... I'm just not a huge fan. I love watching my disc tear throw the air and floating up and down and then gliding to a beautiful landing. However, if I'm in a spot that I can't toss, I'm not ashamed to roll, it's just not my first choice for a solution.

Course after hearing these arguments for rollers, I might start incorporating it into my game play more.

I do use an Innova Dragon fairly regularly. It is my floater, but I also drive with it when the wind is at my back. Since it is beat up pretty good, I can pretty much get to turn left and right both from a back hand throw. So I like it very much.

Since this thread has to themes...moving the Rollers discussion to: here

My favorite driver is my 150 Champion Leopard...but I am incorporating a few techniques I learned at a driving clinic and find that I'm overspinning it more now because I am getting more velocity and power in my release...it works great for those anhyzer situations

My favorite driver is my 150 Champion Leopard...but I am incorporating a few techniques I learned at a driving clinic and find that I'm overspinning it more now because I am getting more velocity and power in my release...it works great for those anhyzer situations

I just picked up a 150 Champ Leopard last month, I really like it. It predictably finishes a little right for me if thrown flat and goes very far and straight with a nice s turn if thrown with a little hyzer.

I have a 150 Dragon and a 147 Leopard. I use the Dragon on any hole where there is potential of losing it in the water. (I hate losing discs!) I use the Leopard on shorter par threes where the hole is fairly strait with nothing in the way. Love em' both!

I have a hard time s-ing my 150 gram disc, yet it still flies a long ways. If I try to throw it sidearm, it is as useful as a paper plate. I am a begginer to the light wieght, but I am growing very fond of it.

I picked up a dragon fo our water hole (#6 Grand Woods Lansing, MI). Unforyunately it is too over stable to be useful on that hole for me. I also have a 150 Surge and a 164 Wildcat and I'm a big fan of both.

150? Hell, I have an Ultralight 127 in my bag! I just have to be careful of anyone playing near me sneezing and totally messing up my drive.

I cut my disc golf teeth on a 150 dx valkarie. I lost it in a lake, but man was that disc sweet. I may just have to go get another one. The 150's are great downwind discs.

I cut my disc golf teeth on a 150 dx valkarie. I lost it in a lake, but man was that disc sweet. I may just have to go get another one. The 150's are great downwind discs.

thats the key right there, throwing with the wind only! ;) any kind of headwind or cross/head wind, and your 150 class disc is uncontrollable. i throw a 150 wraith and destroyer, and my arm thanks me all the time for using lighter plastic. :eek::D

Possibly my favorite driver is a Champion 150 Sidewinder. I toss it backhand and it's one of the straighter drivers I've thrown, and then eventually it turns over. Overall gets nice distance and is reliable for a long straight shot. In my opinion a 150 is nice to have because it can feel light as a feather and, as an added bonus, it skips off trees like nobody's business. I have a 165 roadrunner and 175 wraith, and it definitely holds its own. Highly recommended.

hell yea, i do. Got a 150 beast and now thanks to Eric J a 150 dragon. Still loving the disc thanks a lot man. Saw a 150 champion tee-bird at the second hand disc shop and was wishing i had a 5 on me to pick it up.

I can flip a 170 gr Champ valkyrie and I can't get a dragon to stay right for me. Maybe I'm throwing different when I grab the Dragon I don't know.

That is odd, maybe it's just that disc. My Dragon goes nice and straight, turns over if I put enough on it. Kind of reminds me of a floating Valkyrie, maybe a little slower.

hell yea, i do. Got a 150 beast and now thanks to Eric J a 150 dragon. Still loving the disc thanks a lot man.
Glad it's working for ya. You were right about that Wasp... really overstable. So overstable that it's resting at the bottom of the lake at FCAC after a not so hot throw. :eek:

ERic

I have a 145 Roc that I use for finesse shots. It's great for approach shots in which you have to work the disc in and around a few trees.