• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] anything other than the "roc"

*leans close to BroD and whispers*

Kill him!

:)

Why sir, I am shocked! I am shocked to think that you would so callously and thoughtlessly consider the end of such an integral part of our disc golf culture. The Innova Wolf is the preeminent exemplar that has served the invaluable function for us which is to umnibla wuclicew strilob quacilom. This distinguished mold deserves a continued existence in its niche portion of the market; a niche which in its own way fits this mold so well. The Innova Wolf is as much a part of our American culture as psychotherapists and participation trophies, as bioengineered food and biased referees. We would all be the poorer without its dulcet flightlines enriching our fairways. Think of the children!

Friend, either you're closing your eyes to a situation you do not wish to acknowledge, or you are unaware of the caliber of disaster indicated by the presence of eroding influences like this. It would be an unconscionable act to further rob and corrupt our way of life. This, and other acts like it can only be part of a great international conspiracy to sap and impurify our precious bodily fluids. :)

So guess who just found out that JB wasps exist?? That's right, this guy!! Guess who's gonna order a few, also this guy. How did I not know about these? Granted I am the only person I plate with who throws the wasp or even a lot of Discraft in general, but still this will be exactly what I want, I hate how long it takes to season z plastic. JB is money.

The lack of a functioning Discraft website has made figuring out what they have a challenge. They didn't even have Wasps on their site the last time I checked.

Why sir, I am shocked! I am shocked to think that you would so callously and thoughtlessly consider the end of such an integral part of our disc golf culture. The Innova Wolf is the preeminent exemplar that has served the invaluable function for us which is to umnibla wuclicew strilob quacilom. This distinguished mold deserves a continued existence in its niche portion of the market; a niche which in its own way fits this mold so well. The Innova Wolf is as much a part of our American culture as psychotherapists and participation trophies, as bioengineered food and biased referees. We would all be the poorer without its dulcet flightlines enriching our fairways. Think of the children!

Friend, either you're closing your eyes to a situation you do not wish to acknowledge, or you are unaware of the caliber of disaster indicated by the presence of eroding influences like this. It would be an unconscionable act to further rob and corrupt our way of life. This, and other acts like it can only be part of a great international conspiracy to sap and impurify our precious bodily fluids. :)
I have some Wolves. One Winter I thought I'd figure out what they are good for. If you put any power or OAT on a Wolf, it turns and burns. Ah, OK...it's designed for low power players. Take some juice off and throw smooth with a Wolf and it drops like a brick. It literally has no glide. OK.

So there has to be a trick, right. Like it's some sort of existential puzzle where you have this disc and you have to figure out why it exists. The fallback answer was always "roller" but that made no sense to me since you can beat a Cobra into a better roller in like five minutes. I mean, you literally can roll anything after you beat it up so why would you design and sell a roller? Take away roller and it's a mystery wrapped in a riddle inside an enigma. Why is there a Wolf? Like, did Dave Dunipace sit upright in bed after a dream one night and exclaim "A disc that can't handle and power that has no glide! THAT is what disc golf is missing!"

So I threw them. And threw them. And threw them. I would throw them as second shots in casual rounds to compare them to other midranges. After doing this, I loved the Comet like I'd never loved before. Having and throwing Comets instead of a Wolf improved my score dramatically.

So it's not a midrange. The distance it flies makes it a putter that you can't putt with. To be generous we will call it an approach disc. There was one scenario that I found it useful, and here it is: I had a bad lie and had to touch anny around an obstacle to the pin. The pin had a drop off behind it. I threw an XD which held the line it glided out past the pin and down the hill. I followed with a Wolf shot which held the line but died five feet in front of the basket.

So if you feel like you should carry a disc in your bag specifically for touch anny approach shots with danger behind the pin, I've got a disc for you. Also, you should talk to a therapist because you have a problem. :|

I think collecting all Wolves and throwing them in a grinder is a better solution.

I have some Wolves. One Winter I thought I'd figure out what they are good for. If you put any power or OAT on a Wolf, it turns and burns. Ah, OK...it's designed for low power players. Take some juice off and throw smooth with a Wolf and it drops like a brick. It literally has no glide. OK.

So there has to be a trick, right. Like it's some sort of existential puzzle where you have this disc and you have to figure out why it exists. The fallback answer was always "roller" but that made no sense to me since you can beat a Cobra into a better roller in like five minutes. I mean, you literally can roll anything after you beat it up so why would you design and sell a roller? Take away roller and it's a mystery wrapped in a riddle inside an enigma. Why is there a Wolf? Like, did Dave Dunipace sit upright in bed after a dream one night and exclaim "A disc that can't handle and power that has no glide! THAT is what disc golf is missing!"

So I threw them. And threw them. And threw them. I would throw them as second shots in casual rounds to compare them to other midranges. After doing this, I loved the Comet like I'd never loved before. Having and throwing Comets instead of a Wolf improved my score dramatically.

So it's not a midrange. The distance it flies makes it a putter that you can't putt with. To be generous we will call it an approach disc. There was one scenario that I found it useful, and here it is: I had a bad lie and had to touch anny around an obstacle to the pin. The pin had a drop off behind it. I threw an XD which held the line it glided out past the pin and down the hill. I followed with a Wolf shot which held the line but died five feet in front of the basket.

So if you feel like you should carry a disc in your bag specifically for touch anny approach shots with danger behind the pin, I've got a disc for you. Also, you should talk to a therapist because you have a problem. :|

I think collecting all Wolves and throwing them in a grinder is a better solution.

Well, howl about that.

^ hate that last part.

Don't grind them up. Save a stack for a challenge round with a group of friends.

Definitely don't throw them in a river on purpose either. Unless littering (and poisoning a river with leaching petroleum and micro plastics) makes you feel tough or funny or cool.

Oh well. I tried defending it, which isn't easy.

Feel free to use the carcasses of all existing Wolfs to fashion more Cobras. Oh wait, those are OOP aren't they? Ironic.

By the way, the translation for the gibberish words in my previous post should be "find a solution to a question that no one asked'.

^ hate that last part.

Don't grind them up. Save a stack for a challenge round with a group of friends.

Definitely don't throw them in a river on purpose either. Unless littering (and poisoning a river with leaching petroleum and micro plastics) makes you feel tough or funny or cool.
It actually makes me feel all three. And, a little bit aroused.

Oh well. I tried defending it, which isn't easy.

Feel free to use the carcasses of all existing Wolfs to fashion more Cobras. Oh wait, those are OOP aren't they? Ironic.

By the way, the translation for the gibberish words in my previous post should be "find a solution to a question that no one asked'.
It's okay friend, we all make mistakes.

*puts arm around Swhite*

What's important is that you felt compelled to challenge our narrative. Only through self-reflection and proper debate can we arrive at the truth, da wae.

*stabs Swhite in the back with the other arm, quietly drops body into the canal*

Just following orders.

I niced that one for that excellent use of the English language... :thmbup:

I have some Wolves. One Winter I thought I'd figure out what they are good for....

So there has to be a trick, right. Like it's some sort of existential puzzle where you have this disc and you have to figure out why it exists....

Take away roller and it's a mystery wrapped in a riddle inside an enigma. Why is there a Wolf? Like, did Dave Dunipace sit upright in bed after a dream one night and exclaim "A disc that can't handle and power that has no glide! THAT is what disc golf is missing

The Wolf exists for one reason: to be thrown on one hole on a DG course in my home county. Strait tunnel shot through a thick chute of trees with a steep drop-off along the left side. I've watched others throw the Wolf on that hole, and very well; me, I throw the Polecat there. But the Wolf is mighty, and that hole gives it reason to be. :thmbup:

Latest posts