• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] anything other than the "roc"

Indeed there it is. I'm not trying to claim that Discraft didn't use Innova as inspiration to make their super awesome mid range line up. I personally think they upped the mid range game. That's just my opinion though. And this is something that people feel strongly about your going to throw one ow the other, I personally would feel like the hornet has too much beef to be rocish but again that's just me I've only thrown rocs a couple of times and they were already in various stages of wear. So I have no idea really. But again I say, I will always throw wasp and Buzzz I'm not saying I'll never add anything else, but it won't be a roc.

If 2% milk was so good why did they make skim? Dafuq is the actual premise of the OP???

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

They did make the Wasp in Pro D at one point as well as a limited edition Elite X in the mid 2000's, Have one and it was a good disc in flight it is just I had issues with the disc mentioned below. I just found the Wasp itself is too overstable for me when new. A ROC is better but has a sharper wing and the bead is more obvious. I have a Elite Z or now Z plastic disc and a Elite X. the Elite X had to be made lighter to fit in the weight range so it beats in quicker then even the old Pro D plastic. Personally I do not mind the newer Z plastic, not bad but the Wasp is not the best disc to make in that plastic type as the disc is more overstable in the Z or the older Elite Z plastic. Both Z and Elite Z are nearly the same thing if not the same. But Z or later Elite z are not the same as the old Elite Z when it first came out.

I've definitely seen Gstar Wasps before somewhere.

"Innova has too many discs and tweaks too many things."
"Discraft cares more about Ultimate and doesn't do enough on the disc golf side."
"Manufacturers only care about money"

The only truth in any of these conversations is that you're never going to make disc golfers happy and they will always complain about something.

This is why we must be united in our disdain for the Wolf. This is the common enemy disc golfers need now that Salient is no more.

The VRoc is not a bad disc. I like the smooth fade my Champ VRoc has. Roc "purists" may not like it, but it works for some. And as Shakespeare says, "what's in a name"..

Neato

This is why we must be united in our disdain for the Wolf. This is the common enemy disc golfers need now that Salient is no more.

No, please. Have mercy on the Innova Wolf. This gentle creature need not be persecuted to extinction. It does not threaten any other Innova offerings. It does not use up any premium Innova resources, but requires just the base DX plastic. It is too humble a mold for seasoned veterans such as yourself, but is a serviceable tool for newer and weaker armed players. It may seem an ugly addition to the lineup, but is looked upon fondly by players who do not have a voice in these hallowed forums. Do not look with scorn on the lowly Wolf. It's place is outside the fringes of the praised and glorious molds in the Innova pantheon, but in its own way is a member of the family still. :)

No, please. Have mercy on the Innova Wolf. This gentle creature need not be persecuted to extinction. It does not threaten any other Innova offerings. It does not use up any premium Innova resources, but requires just the base DX plastic. It is too humble a mold for seasoned veterans such as yourself, but is a serviceable tool for newer and weaker armed players. It may seem an ugly addition to the lineup, but is looked upon fondly by players who do not have a voice in these hallowed forums. Do not look with scorn on the lowly Wolf. It's place is outside the fringes of the praised and glorious molds in the Innova pantheon, but in its own way is a member of the family still. :)

I found a wolf once and it was so ugly I threw it into the creek I found it next to. No joke.

I've definitely seen Gstar Wasps before somewhere.

Nope that would be a Wasp in FLX ESP they had a short run of those for a few years. The Wasp was also made in small numbers in a Jawbreker plastic last year that was only sold on Infinite Discs website. Now if they made the Jawbreaker Wasp in full production then I might have to check that out. Another disc that was like a ROC was a Hornet but this one was only ever from the begging sold in Elite Z/Z plastic.

*leans close to BroD and whispers*

Kill him!

Nope that would be a Wasp in FLX ESP they had a short run of those for a few years. The Wasp was also made in small numbers in a Jawbreker plastic last year that was only sold on Infinite Discs website. Now if they made the Jawbreaker Wasp in full production then I might have to check that out. Another disc that was like a ROC was a Hornet but this one was only ever from the begging sold in Elite Z/Z plastic.

there are still jb on marshall street, so not an infinite exlusive

hornet was a esp/z mix

there are still jb on marshall street, so not an infinite exlusive

hornet was a esp/z mix

It was Marshall Street not Infinite that it was exclusive to now, they had some as well on Infinite but they are now sold out.

Hornet in EXP/Z is a Big Z plastic, a really good plastic. But not anymore, they stopped that soon after the first few production runs.

Last edited:
It was Marshall Street not Infinite that it was exclusive to now, they had some as well on Infinite but they are now sold out.

The JB Wasp is still available on both Infinite and Marshall Street. It was a fundraiser for the Green Mountain Championships, not an exclusive for a particular store.

I would actually be pretty tempted to try one of those if I weren't currently enjoying the Obex so much (best Roc clone I've tried, *runs and hides*).

The JB Wasp is still available on both Infinite and Marshall Street. It was a fundraiser for the Green Mountain Championships, not an exclusive for a particular store.

I would actually be pretty tempted to try one of those if I weren't currently enjoying the Obex so much (best Roc clone I've tried, *runs and hides*).

Jawbreaker Wasps will most likely not get a full production run. Like the Limited edition Elite X that was made for tournament Use only and that they are not a production run. I thought it was a mistake disc like they tried a minimum of a disc mold to be legal to sell like 500 or 1000 whatever is that number and found the disc was not what Discraft wanted to use.

This gives me great confidence that there will in fact be a full production run of JB Wasps.

I was right about the Elite X ones in the mid 2000's so...Yeah.

If I am Wrong I will buy you a Jawberaker Wasp if they become a full production disc. Just PM me your Address if I end up being wrong, with a note saying my quote here.

Last edited:
It is not necessary to double down Casey1988. If your prediction does not come true, it just means you were wrong. It happens ...and happens...and happens...

Latest posts