• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Are you a Lat 64 Fan?

Gazelle/ Cyclone type flights in goldline plastic would be amazing.

Yes. That. More of that. I will take 12.

Currently in the bag:

Gripline Spike, Zeroline Spike, Premiere Sinus AP, Goldline Core.

Gazelle/ Cyclone type flights in goldline plastic would be amazing.

It make sense. That type of disc is one of the big holes in thier lineup. With a disc like that I could probably due an all lat bag. I like the striker and can get good distance but I cant work the disc like I can a Gazelle. I liked the ESP Cyclone but feel the Gazelle does better in the wind.

It make sense. That type of disc is one of the big holes in thier lineup. With a disc like that I could probably due an all lat bag. I like the striker and can get good distance but I cant work the disc like I can a Gazelle. I liked the ESP Cyclone but feel the Gazelle does better in the wind.

have you tried a goldline vision (lighter may be better)? mine is becoming a touch flippy with age. its a lot like a newer gazelle right now.:\

Word to the wise, even though Apothecary said Lat 64, he does mean the disc golf company and not the older Latino women like some of his pictures! :doh:

My bag:
Goldline Halo, Opto Riot, Gold and Opto Striker, Opto XXX, Opto Vision, Grip Mirus, Grip Medius, Opto Trident, 2 Sinus AP, Sinus SP, Pure.

I have an Opto Vision in my bag. I like it for distance and long anys if I throw with a little hyzer it goes straight and long with a predictable fade at the end(I have a weenie arm). The one thing for me that the Vision doesnt do as well is multi directional flight like a Gazelle. I like the Vision and should give the Goldline a shot.

You liking that Medius Element? I never disliked it but it never really found its way into my bag.

Oh PS, hit a tree with that sucker and it makes the coolest sound...like hitting the top of a PVC pipe.

ElementZ do you use a grip line pure for driving? If so how stable is the flight and does the plastic get slick when wet? I have heard some people complain that when its wet they leave the gripline pure in the bag due to the surface becoming slick.

Just joined.

In my bag:

Spike
Core - Opto and Gold Line

In the backup bag:

Opto Striker
Opto Riot
Opto Vision & Gold Line

Just bought:

Sinus AP & SP

One will be in the bag this weekend.

Vision and Striker will be back in after my disc-down adventure.

i threw my seasoned-ish gl vision off a bad tee shot at Huntington yesterday with my feet planted. came off my hand hot and overshot the pin by about 30'. was probably 280' or so and slightly uphill. lemme dig up a pic.

5e75ffc1.jpg

was tossing from the base of the Gates Of Hell. tossed left of the target and turned it over and it just glid glid glid. nailed the 30' putt for a par save. love my GL vision.

Love my Visions. My Gold Line's are cool, but I have 2 older Opto's that seems to always com eback. Must be of the more stable version. Once my disc-down practice is over they go back in the bag.

The Vision's just too flippy for me-- by far the most understable driver I've ever thrown. If I'm going to throw something understable, I prefer it not to be on the far end of the spectrum like the Vision. Right now I'm using the XS for my understable duties. Don't get me wrong, I've had some decent hyzer-flip bombs with the Vision, but it's always riding that fine line between completely turning over and having just the right angle/height to flex back at the end. Personally, I'd rather not flirt with disaster and most times will choose a more stable disc to throw.

my gl flexes out a little bit, but its more of a get-to-x-angle-and-stay-there type of a disc. extremely controllable.

If you had an arm like mine the Vision would be fine. I could hyzer-bomb a Polecat.

i love the Core and Striker and just got the XXX, we'll see how that goes

Have a friend that has had the XXX for a couple weeks. From what I've seen, it's everything I wanted my whippet to do (my whippet does do what I was looking for...TOTALLY), but x 10. Super meat hook disc. Wants to fade as soon as it comes outa the hand it looks like.

Have a friend that has had the XXX for a couple weeks. From what I've seen, it's everything I wanted my whippet to do (my whippet does do what I was looking for...TOTALLY), but x 10. Super meat hook disc. Wants to fade as soon as it comes outa the hand it looks like.

like a flick? i threw one of those for the first time recently and couldnt believe how fast and hard it faded. never seen anything that overstable (though i havnt seen a xxx before)...

like a flick? i threw one of those for the first time recently and couldnt believe how fast and hard it faded. never seen anything that overstable (though i havnt seen a xxx before)...

As far as I know, it's the most overstable thing I've seen. Hit 'em up. screen name is McLeod. He's the one throwing it, but I feel pretty confident in my description about the XXX from watching how it reacts. I'm talkin SUPER FADE and GIANT, TALL SKIPS.

I own a Vision Grip line but, haven't thrown it much. From what I recall the flight path resembles that of an understable disc.