• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Arroyo Disc Golf Basket

Hard to tell by the picture, but I'm guessing they just wrapped the chains around the basket alittle. If that's the case, how can you patent that? Can you patent a configuration like that? By replacing the chains on most baskets you could achieve that.

223691_193466204051209_117880968276400_538499_6892231_n.jpg

Per http://www.pdga.com/announcements/new-targets-approved

As of July 30, 2011, the PDGA has approved the Vortex target from new manufacturer Arroyo Disc Sports at the Standard level (photo pending). The Shackle from new manufacturer Riphizer is now approved at the Championship level.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is diff between Standard Level and Championship Level?

Can the "Standard Level" baskets be used in Majors and A-Tier tournaments?

Vortex looks real nice. I think I would love to have them on my courses that I plan to build/setup in the future.

Hey guys,

The difference between Standard and Championship, is that standard cannot be used in NT's or Major's, but can be used in A-Tier events. We are currently tweaking a few measurements on our cage so that the Vortex will meet championship caliber standards when we go in to full scale production at the end of the month. Right now our holes are slightly too large because of the recent change to the rule of a disc wedging into the basket from the outside. The PDGA wants smaller gaps so we don't even have to worry about it anymore.

More media from worlds will be released on our website and Facebook page this week. And I'm happy to answer any more questions about our design that any of you may have, now that we're patent pending. As for the grammatical errors that were pointed out earlier... we're changing the game and making it much more competitive, and have done something that no one else could. I think that's more than makes up for a misspelling here and there.

Re Spelling and grammar-
Nothing personal...just hits a nerve when I see advertising, corporate copy, newsprint, etc... that is banged up.

You obviously have created a superior product, hats off to you, and I hope that you sell a ton of them.

I shot on one at worlds yesterday. Everyone was trying to throw through the chains but this is impossible due to the chain "net" on the inner chains. I found the basket to be cheating because you pretty much never get kicked out. It will be interesting to see if this basket becomes popular.

I shot on one at worlds yesterday. Everyone was trying to throw through the chains but this is impossible due to the chain "net" on the inner chains. I found the basket to be cheating because you pretty much never get kicked out. It will be interesting to see if this basket becomes popular.

Anything to pander to certain cry babies who can't make every shot stay in the basket. God forbid there be too many variables in the sport.

When I saw this thing a month or so ago we were very skeptical if it was going to get approved. We were calling it spider webbing the chains together, but netting sounds cool to. I wont be surprised if some company tries to pick them up or ask to buy a certain amount to mod and sell as there own. These baskets were hush hush for a long time, it will be cool to now see them on the course since there approved.

Latest posts