• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Help] Artificial Wear

Yeah now I'm considering leaving a champ Teebird in a bucket over the winter since I wouldn't use it during that time. That disc would stiffen up and not make the bag for the few times I play when it's cold out. Freeze/thaw cycles in a bucket might do interesting things, I have no idea.

I've mostly thrown discs against stacks of firewood as hard as possible to beat them in some. But I've also left one in a bucket of leafy water for a couple nights and it seemed to help some as well. In my belief, scuffs on the top are also an important part of the wear process aerodynamically so some light sanding across the top should be included to wear discs in some.

pro d is worse than dx

I kinda want to buy a Pro-D version of a Nuke SS, Thrasher, Avenger SS or Heat. I bet I could get it to land upside down from a deep hyzer release. I wonder how long it would take to get it be able to barrel roll back to flat.

This was a faded out crap disc that "I grind it till I find it". I threw it 320 feet a couple days ago. I usually use it around pavement or disc eating trees.

See, that's cool for casual rounds but do you take it out of the bag for a tourney? That's an illegal disc now, and should not be used for competition in any capacity. I have a hard time believing people grind up Frankenstein discs to make them perfect for themselves and then DON'T use them for competition.

I kinda want to buy a Pro-D version of a Nuke SS, Thrasher, Avenger SS or Heat. I bet I could get it to land upside down from a deep hyzer release. I wonder how long it would take to get it be able to barrel roll back to flat.

i believe the best ive seen is a disc that landed on its flight plate

make a video for sure

My buddy use to throw a 150 dx beast for thumbers and it was so beat up that it would flip all the way and fly flat like an aerobie epic. That disc was beat to snot haha

My buddy use to throw a 150 dx beast for thumbers and it was so beat up that it would flip all the way and fly flat like an aerobie epic. That disc was beat to snot haha

Yeah I've got a buddy who also uses DX Beasts. He goes through one every 3 or so years. I threw one once just to see what it would do BH, and it did indeed land on it's flight plate.

Yeah I've got a buddy who also uses DX Beasts. He goes through one every 3 or so years. I threw one once just to see what it would do BH, and it did indeed land on it's flight plate.

Some discs in DX are about every 2-2.5 years with weekend use. Dragons being known for this, I have to get new of those every 2-2.5 years due to the plastic being a R-DX. Older not as rubbery feeling Dragons from the 2000's that had only the Air part to the disc could go about 3 years but sometime in the 2000's the discs changed and were rubbery but could wear off the disc, had one of those then my last two have been the rubbery with latest one being a true R-DX like a stiffer R-Pro but if made in DX plastic as disc is not as durable as R-Pro.

Much worse. :thmbdown:

Unless you were ever lucky to see the Pro D up to 2006 as in 2006 sometime the plastic changed from stiffer then 2000's DX to a softer material. Old Pro D was as stiff as old 2000's Classic grid Aviars. D=Pro D from DGA was still good till 2007 as they got the old Pro D plastic for the remainder of 2006. I used a 173-174 gram Magnet in this plastic for years as closer putter with a modern Pro D Magnet at same weigh , Still have the stiff Pro D Magnet for my beginner bag as for first time player can use a lighter putter (due to being worn in) for putting and get away with it.

Field throwing at the soccer field today I shanked my week old champ Eagle out onto the road; with rush hour traffic. It, uh, skipped off the top of a car before landing right side up in the ideal spot to get run over. For a couple minutes while I slowly walked over there. I started telling cars to hit the bright pink disc for bonus points. It does feel more flexie now, and perhaps has broken in some in flight.

Update on the thrashed FD!

Very effective. Disc now gives me a consistent 7/6/-1/1 at lower speeds in the woods and the calm. Tested in a head/side wind, and it actually turned all the way over and cut rolled.

It's now a perfect middle ground between my largely stable fresh FDs and my Underworlds.

I think the S plastic was a good choice, as the abuse resulted in few truly deep gashes or chunks, rather the scuffs remained surface. The drives into the concrete wall had an impact on the wing shape, bending the PLH down slightly at 3-4 different places. DX or Pro I have seen take the impact and less effectively spread the energy out, instead having the PLH in one small zone practically bend in on itself.

Update on the thrashed FD!

Very effective. Disc now gives me a consistent 7/6/-1/1 at lower speeds in the woods and the calm. Tested in a head/side wind, and it actually turned all the way over and cut rolled.

It's now a perfect middle ground between my largely stable fresh FDs and my Underworlds.

I think the S plastic was a good choice, as the abuse resulted in few truly deep gashes or chunks, rather the scuffs remained surface. The drives into the concrete wall had an impact on the wing shape, bending the PLH down slightly at 3-4 different places. DX or Pro I have seen take the impact and less effectively spread the energy out, instead having the PLH in one small zone practically bend in on itself.

i miss the fd for carving up the woods

i had a seasoned sfd and it had the 7 6 -1 1 and its probably the most useful flight numbers for carving woods holes sneaky long and accurate

i miss the fd for carving up the woods

i had a seasoned sfd and it had the 7 6 -1 1 and its probably the most useful flight numbers for carving woods holes sneaky long and accurate

Booted the leopards and escapes out of my bag...

Latest posts