• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Help] Artificial Wear

The FD is so good. I'm carrying 3 at the moment. 1 super beat s Jackal that has been in the bag since I started playing disc golf. Flies Underworld lines. 1 seasoned sFD for normal -1/1 stuff and finally a fresh cFD for the -0 / 2 type of shots.

I love my DX Teebird for long straight drives. But it's almost worn out and wants to be too flippy. I also have a champion Teebird but it is too overstable for a perfectly straight throw. What's the best way to beat the champ disc in to a straight flyer?

I love my DX Teebird for long straight drives. But it's almost worn out and wants to be too flippy. I also have a champion Teebird but it is too overstable for a perfectly straight throw. What's the best way to beat the champ disc in to a straight flyer?

Buy another one that's 5g lighter and enjoy your new increase in straight distance.

The FD is so good. I'm carrying 3 at the moment. 1 super beat s Jackal that has been in the bag since I started playing disc golf. Flies Underworld lines. 1 seasoned sFD for normal -1/1 stuff and finally a fresh cFD for the -0 / 2 type of shots.

I love the FD. Easily my most thrown fairway driver.

Well you could do exactly what I did to the S-FD that started this thread - some full blast drives into a concrete wall (10+), followed by skip thumbers and tomahawks on blacktop to scuff up the flightplate and lower wing. I can't speak to how well this works if you try to cushion the blows to a degree, like with a towel hung in front of the wall etc - as far as I can tell, it's really the combination of slightly warping the PLH plus the scuffs to impact the way air flows around the disc in flight.

I took a sanding block to the S-FD afterward to take care of some jagged edges, but damned if it didn't work. Thrashed DX teebs are so nice, why not try a thrashed champ? :popcorn: ...and report back.

Latest posts