• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ask MILLENNIUM Golf Discs (1.8 QJLS are mislabeled QPLS)

zj1002 said:
Yeah it basically throws like a KC Roc but in a nice grippy pro plastic. Much better than a stock slick KC Roc for me. It was basically a Buzzz well before the Buzzz existed. And it moves better side to side than a Buzzz. Some of the anhyzers I can do with my straight one are better than what I ever got out of an AMS or trashed ROC.

I just need all the Millennium nuts here to bug Ned about getting some new Aurora MFs :D
It is a cool mold. I never really thought about it, but it was a much better disc in pro than the fundraiser Super Rocs they used to sell.

Dave D really likes that Roc top/Stingray wing combo. He used to call the old #1 Professional Driver that Innova made for DGA the most underrated disc he ever made, and that was a Sanny Roc top/Stingray wing disc.

yeah they basically have

But it flies different from the MD2, and not just because of the plastic. Different overall flight, md2 is a bit touchy.

Dumb question time: does the JLS have a Leopard top? I was looking at my stardust QJLS today and the top looked just like a Leo.

Bought 2 136 ZGQs when they first came out (July or August). Put one in the bag right then. It has been my distance driver for the past six or seven months. Being that light, the edges are getting a little rough. But it still flies really well. Has anyone replaced a ZGQ or ZGS for being too beat-in? If so, what pushed you over the edge?

Put some stock up for sale over in the Buy/Sale/Trade forum. Half of this list is Millennium. Who knows, you might find something interesting.

Steve said:
Shark > AMF

easy to trade for
more plastics, some with a nice fade
great accuracy
feels like a qms
shark week

I have a couple of DX Sharks in my trade bin if you have an AMF.

Sharks(and MD1s) just weren't the same for me. I tried both as stable compliments to the QMS, and they work for a week or so but I always felt really limited by what they could do. I really don't like carrying discs that only work for 1-2 shots(outside of say a Firebird). That's why I throw Millennium. The QMS, QJLS, and QOLF are the most workable trio in disc golf. The AMF can hold hyzers, anny, flips, anything I can think of. Always preferred utility out of a disc. I also dislike the feel of the Shark wing in my hand. Never releases like I expect, but that is probably just mental.

But yeah for those that just want a stable compliment to the MS, the shark is a good place to look.

I got a chance to throw some new MILL and thought I'd give a review. 33 degrees with only 10 mph winds and no snow is about the best we've had for a while... :lol:

150 1.3 Starlite QOLF. This is a bit less stable than the other QOLF's. It has just a touch more dome which gave me a little more glide/distance. Plastic is not hard Q, a little softer. I like this disc. As ZJ said before, they only come in darker colors. I'm going to put it in the bag and see how tough it is to find. I want to beat it up a bit since I'd like it a bit less stable.

167 S-Scorp (tye-dye). Even though it's a 1st run it's a little different than my other ones. This new S plastic is very nice and a little softer. The dome is a bit less than the others but it seems to have the same flight/distance. The S-Scorp is my main sidearm disc. Very reliable.

162 ZG-Quasar. There aren't any bubbles at the edge of the rim. That should help with wear. I got some heavier ones (162-164) to see if they would be overstable enough to throw sidearm as the 150-155's didn't seem to be. (But then my form sucks so that probably doesn't help...) It was stable enough for my poor form and I like getting the extra D. These are all "poppy tops" for what it's worth. :D Still testing it but it will probably replace one of my ZG-Scorps.

Picked up some 1.22 MJLS's the other day (white), not sure if it's the standard for the run but damn these are stiff, very similar to kc pro. A little on the slick side, and very little flex in the flight plate. A nice surprise seeing as all the stock runs I've ever felt have been on the soft side. The only other run that compares in stiffness would be the first run in M plastic, the ones that say "J" LS test run (ADiscand3Plates posted a pic a few pages ago), but I think these are stiffer.

Are all the 1.22's like this?

Has anyone thrown the newer SMS's? I have always thrown either the gummy QMS or the CE QMS. For me, the new SMS acts weird. When thrown into any headwind the disc wabbles badly. I'll throw a QMS (CE or Gummy) and it flies perfectly flat and straight. My first thought was OAT. But shouldn't I also have OAT with the QMS's??

ZJ, Solty, Steve, have you guys tried these?

Latest posts