• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

AT&T stadium + disc golf=?

If it were in conjunction with a monster truck show, after the show has ended and all the trucks have exited there would be some decent terrain to work with to build a course.

I'm predicting now that it will be in the parking lot. I love disc golf, but I don't think DD has the pull/cash to get inside Jerry World.

It's not cash, it's connections. The "who ya" vs. "what ya" argument...

What was funny about reading this thread was the mix of skepticism, hatin, and doubt all mixed up with a little common sense, logic, and jealousy.

I learned a while back that if Rusco says something will be big and exciting you can count on it being just that. He's not one to blow smoke or exaggerate. He's got some great ideas and plans to move disc golf and his brand into a bigger spotlight. You can also count on it not being a small event with only a camera going to preserve what went down. People are going to travel for it. I might stow away on the RV lol. Actually I think there is a trilogy challenge in town that day I don't know if I'll leave the state. It could be something I travel for I know I want to be a part of it.

Last edited:
I have a friend that works in the stadium that said that he saw the date listed on a bulletin in the break room and that he'd keep me posted, so at least we know that it is a real thing.

I'm pumped. Somebody has got to get some details. I know he talked to whomever the day before the am championships and they hadn't had anything worked out yet except the date.

Just saw the video. Awesome!

Last edited:
What was funny about reading this thread was the mix of skepticism, hatin, and doubt all mixed up with a little common sense, logic, and jealousy.

I learned a while back that if Rusco says something will be big and exciting you can count on it being just that. He's not one to blow smoke or exaggerate. He's got some great ideas and plans to move disc golf and his brand into a bigger spotlight. You can also count on it not being a small event with only a camera going to preserve what went down. People are going to travel for it. I might stow away on the RV lol. Actually I think there is a trilogy challenge in town that day I don't know if I'll leave the state. It could be something I travel for I know I want to be a part of it.

I don't want my comments in here to be viewed as hate towards DD. I love the brand, I was just skeptical this is something that could be done in a financially sound manner. If they can afford it, more power to them, because it'll get a TON of exposure.

I don't want my comments in here to be viewed as hate towards DD. I love the brand, I was just skeptical this is something that could be done in a financially sound manner. If they can afford it, more power to them, because it'll get a TON of exposure.

I didn't see them that way. I know your opinions well enough to know that's not you. I really don't know much about it because I focus on events in this state and beyond the GBO stuff I haven't asked any questions outside of products and other ventures. This was pretty much news to me. I heard a little something maybe the day before this was posted.

I do know that it won't just be in the parking lots. Like I said earlier Rusco is not the type to really hype something so if he is saying it's unique and something you don't want to miss I got to believe they're going to make it just that. I may have to go visit my sister in Plano afterall. I don't really like going back to Texas after I moved back here but this would make it worth it.

Anyone talking in this that was actually there? I know there is already a baseball tournament happening inside cowboy stadium July 12th. So maybe they said att Park. Which is not the same thing, that's by Ranger stadium.

Anyone talking in this that was actually there? I know there is already a baseball tournament happening inside cowboy stadium July 12th. So maybe they said att Park. Which is not the same thing, that's by Ranger stadium.

Did you watch the video? Rusco clearly said ATT stadium while the stadium was being shown in the background. SMH:wall:

Did you watch the video? Rusco clearly said ATT stadium while the stadium was being shown in the background. SMH:wall:

If I had watched the video I wouldn't have asked that question obviously. So thank you for your useless comment that doesn't move anything forward.

Reguardles there is a baseball tourney directly on the field July 11-13th 2014.

If I had watched the video I wouldn't have asked that question obviously. So thank you for your useless comment that doesn't move anything forward.

Reguardles there is a baseball tourney directly on the field July 11-13th 2014.

This is from the website for the baseball tourney

"Pool Play on Saturday 7/12 at Bicentennial Park in Southlake, Texas

Bracket play will begin at 5 p.m. on Sunday 7/13 at Cowboy Stadium"

This is from the website for the baseball tourney

"Pool Play on Saturday 7/12 at Bicentennial Park in Southlake, Texas

Bracket play will begin at 5 p.m. on Sunday 7/13 at Cowboy Stadium"

Just a cool side note, I wasn't the superintendent on that job but the company I work for built bicentennial. And we are currently rebuilding part of it.

Perhaps it will be a broadcast event.
The 2014 Japan Open begins July 12. This is the beginning of a record broadcast for a Disc Golf tournament according to:
http://www.pdga.com/disc-golf-reach-record-tv-audience

There will be a lot of big names there and sponsors galore so just maybe DD wants to get a good sized crowd in there to watch the broadcast on the BIG screen and also have a small "market" down on the field for sponsors and such along with maybe a contest or two.

not much at all... "cant say details until later on" kind of thing'

They went there and threw discs around.

Latest posts