• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Atlas Warping

thesssgoat

Yeah so my newest favorite disc which is an ultimate basket seeker and in which I just aced with it on Saturday, was loose out of my bag and laying in my back seat. I pulled it out and brought it in the house, I immediately noticed it was warped in a bow shape. I guess because with the temperature being cold and and it wasn't inside my bag supported by other discs it warped in one day. Just wanted to let other atlas and nova throwers know that the over-molding Innova makes is easily warped if not inside a golf bag. Fortunately as easy as it was damaged, it was just as easy to repair. Soaked in warm water for a minute or so and placed it on the flat floor with a large book and a big box of golf balls on top. About 15 minutes or so on each side it was back to new and bag in my bag. If you haven't thrown an atlas you are missing out, the best forehand midrange I have ever seen in the air and it has easily more than 100 ace runs so far, just ordered a heavier one in champion plastic and it should be here tomorrow afternoon. One word ATLAS.

Wow.... Assertive first post! Welcome to dgcr thesssgoat. I have a tourny stamp atlas I just got in trade for a disc I can grip in cold cold that flies like a mako3. It has a warp to the flight plate some what but it flies just fine. I have noticed I can warp it with ease just holding it, but when it flies it goes just right.

thats too bad.... :/

Saturday, was loose out of my bag and laying in my back seat
Sounds like there's a very good possibility it might have been sitting in direct sunlight in your back seat. That will warp any disc.

A good premium plastic doesnt care where or how you leave it sit bc it shapes back to its original shape. I have tried to deform other comapnies plastic on purpose and generally the real good premium plastics never stay deformed or modified. Most important part about a disc imo over durability is the actual shape retention and ability to stay true to orginal mold design during the life of the disc.

Yeah so my newest favorite disc which is an ultimate basket seeker and in which I just aced with it on Saturday, was loose out of my bag and laying in my back seat. I pulled it out and brought it in the house, I immediately noticed it was warped in a bow shape. I guess because with the temperature being cold and and it wasn't inside my bag supported by other discs it warped in one day. Just wanted to let other atlas and nova throwers know that the over-molding Innova makes is easily warped if not inside a golf bag. Fortunately as easy as it was damaged, it was just as easy to repair. Soaked in warm water for a minute or so and placed it on the flat floor with a large book and a big box of golf balls on top. About 15 minutes or so on each side it was back to new and bag in my bag. If you haven't thrown an atlas you are missing out, the best forehand midrange I have ever seen in the air and it has easily more than 100 ace runs so far, just ordered a heavier one in champion plastic and it should be here tomorrow afternoon. One word ATLAS.

That was, like, waaay more than one word. :\

Just wanted to let other atlas and nova throwers know that the over-molding Innova makes is easily warped if not inside a golf bag.

JumpToConclusionsMat.png

Got a warped one in the mail, and just set it on a flat surface and pushed the flight plate down to the table. The soft outer rim sealed up against the table and created a vacuum as the air was pushed out from under it. Let it sit for a few minutes and the air eventually seeped back under. Did that 3 or 4 times and it was perfect after that.