• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] ATTN: 11x Firebird fans

If there's no patent number it's the newer core Booter was talking about earlier in this thread. I just scored some of these, and they're sweet! All marked "FB" too, apparently they've gone back to that abbreviation for Firebirds?
we just got 25 cfr glo firebirds and they are all marked FB. so i think they may have changed the abbreviation back to FB.

How domey are they? I have one from what i think is a recent run, slight dome, more like a continuation of the shoulder, like a semi domey pred, but not quite

How domey are they? I have one from what i think is a recent run, slight dome, more like a continuation of the shoulder, like a semi domey pred, but not quite

The ones I've seen have NO dome.

I just got 2 of the new thrower stamp 12x's marked FB with no patent markings and the URL is present on the mold out on the back. These bad boys are as flat as a pancake and hard as a rock. I already have a flat gummy 11x clone at 175g, so I picked them up in 158 & 159g. These things are fuggin stable, very nice. I saw that there was a mix of weights, and that some had dome and some didn't. The difference was that the flat ones where a beefy harder plastic. Happy shopping.

Does anyone have experience with the fb's that don't have the thrower stamp but do have the flight numbers?

If so could you share.

Unfortunately I lost my dear 11x last week and it probably won't get returned even if it's found. So I'm in the market.

Does anyone have experience with the fb's that don't have the thrower stamp but do have the flight numbers?

If so could you share.

Unfortunately I lost my dear 11x last week and it probably won't get returned even if it's found. So I'm in the market.

ive never personally thrown one but i have a friend that did for a lil bit and he hated it. if you like 11x you probably wont like it. not as OS and gets beat/flippy fairly quick

Sometimes you guys are real searchers trying to decode what Innova is up to, and there really is no way to do it, because quite frankly, they want to keep us guessing.

Several months ago I picked up a brand new 12x Champ Firebird that had the regular production stamp and was absolutely a PLUS mold, I was so shocked I called Innova and had a nice chat with Sam who runs west coast sales and he let me know they are going to keep trying different things and just ship them out with no special markings, so these days you can pick up these very 11xish FBs in the regular stack of Champ FBs, I already have 2, and if you have one, you will know it, they are slightly beyond flat, just like a real 11x, but the plastic is not quite as grippy as an 11x, but I still love them.

And when you check the Champ Eagles, you will find some of them are PLUS molded, as are the Champ Vikings these days, but no special markings on the discs.

So Innova will blend in some 11x stuff, PLUS stuff, etc and not mark the discs in any special way, just regular production stamps. The problem comes in for the online retailers, I ordered a Champ Eagle from DGC and sure enough a PLUS version showed up, I do not blame DGC, this is bound to happen if Innova is not going to put any special markings on the discs.

I ended up selling the PLUS FB to a guy on DGCR.

Latest posts