• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Attn Lat 64 lovers (opinion thread)

Lat that is in the bag:

176 Opto Fuse- Love this thing. It holds any line I put it on perfectly. Finesse disc at its finest.

River(166 opto/ 176 GL)- Really like the 166g, 176 doesn't have near the glide. Can swap out with TP Cyclones and execute same shots.

150 Class GL Halo- Overhand shots. These are super flat and fly similarly to my 150 Flick but with even more distance. I had to pick up a backup because they don't usually make them in 150 class.

Lat that is not in the bag:

GL Strikers- These fly well for me but they don't really get used much when they are in the bag. I can't really find a time when I would use them over my Valks, Rivers, or Pred.

Mirus- Found this in a tree when I was climbing up to get my Pred. Only thrown it a couple times. I think it is really beat in because it seemed flippy.

As opposed to the loompa-esque Hamil-Tan:

article-1171712-047C6865000005DC-543_468x453.jpg

Lat that is in the bag:

176 Opto Fuse- Love this thing. It holds any line I put it on perfectly. Finesse disc at its finest.

River(166 opto/ 176 GL)- Really like the 166g, 176 doesn't have near the glide. Can swap out with TP Cyclones and execute same shots.

150 Class GL Halo- Overhand shots. These are super flat and fly similarly to my 150 Flick but with even more distance. I had to pick up a backup because they don't usually make them in 150 class.

Lat that is not in the bag:

GL Strikers- These fly well for me but they don't really get used much when they are in the bag. I can't really find a time when I would use them over my Valks, Rivers, or Pred.

Mirus- Found this in a tree when I was climbing up to get my Pred. Only thrown it a couple times. I think it is really beat in because it seemed flippy.

They make 150 halos?
Where'd ya bag that Waddles?

They make 150 halos?
Where'd ya bag that Waddles?

They had them at Gotta Go Gotta Throw. They only got 5 in total. They never listed them online because they aren't a normal item they stock. I bought one like a month or two ago and never used it. I finally started it using it last week. Fell in love with it and went back and grabbed the only one they had left.

Oh, fer fooks sakes!
Jealous....

I heard they were pressing 150 class for japan etc a few months back...

I never saw any @ DTW tho...

I cant' put in words how bad I want a 150 GL Halo.

Oh and Waddly, i'm glad that fuse is working out. If you have any more strikers you don't want, hit me a PM.

All this talk of tans reminds me. Me and some buddies saw some girl at the mall with tan legs that looked almost african, or at least really dark asian maybe indian or native american dark. Honestly couldn't tell if they were spray on or what though. Still freakishly tan...and I still don't understand that want to be so tan.

I've recently tried:

Fuse - I like X Comets, but I want something similar in premium plastic and I hated the Z Comet I tried. So far the Fuse is looking pretty good.

River - Seems to overlap some with my Cyclone, although it seems a bit faster and flippier. I really like this disc. I got both Goldline and Opto and I don't really have a preference yet, I've thrown the GL more though.

Vision - Very flippy driver for me. Fun disc to throw, but I don't really have anything in my bag like this at the moment.

My wife currently carries way more latitude than I do...what a flip-flop.

She has:

Opto fuse
Opto river
Gold vision

All this talk of tans reminds me. Me and some buddies saw some girl at the mall with tan legs that looked almost african, or at least really dark asian maybe indian or native american dark. Honestly couldn't tell if they were spray on or what though. Still freakishly tan...and I still don't understand that want to be so tan.

Don't worry

They all pay for their vanity later. Even the spray on loompa-tans cause cancer. Dermatologists should just have a shop right next door.

So I'm wanting to try some Lat64 and am looking for some info.

Between their Opto and Gold plastics, what are the differences? Gold looks like Star/ESP and Opto looks like Champ/CE. If I wanted to know how they fly, would that be an accurate comparison?

If you were to compare the striker to any innova disc, what would it be?

How flippy is the Vision? I have about 350' of golf D.

Thanks!

So I'm wanting to try some Lat64 and am looking for some info.

Between their Opto and Gold plastics, what are the differences? Gold looks like Star/ESP and Opto looks like Champ/CE. If I wanted to know how they fly, would that be an accurate comparison?

If you were to compare the striker to any innova disc, what would it be?

How flippy is the Vision? I have about 350' of golf D.

Thanks!

Your plastic comparison is about right. The opto is a little more gummy though than champ.

The striker is often called a faster teebird. I have a dx teebird and the striker is definately a bit more stable. Its probably closer to a champ teebird. This is probably due to the fact that i only have 300 feet of distance. It is my main control driver now. I can throw it nice and low and it goes straight for a long ways and then has a health fade at the end.

The vision i have thrown is pretty sweet. Its a GL and completely flat on top. If i throw it flat it does a nice turnover that rarely comes back. If i hyzer flip it, it seems to go forever. fun disc. I really need to get one of my own. So for you it would be really flippy. Its flippier than all of my avenger SS's.

The vision is flippy but it is very consistent which seems to be a rarity in understable plastic. You can throw it and KNOW where it is going.

The Vision is very flippy.

Goldline plastic is amazing. I threw my GL River into a tree full force maybe 15 feet from the tee the other day...no discernible damage to the disc. And it feels sweet.

As for Strikers, it really depends on the one you get. Of the two I have owned, they have been completely different. The first one, purchased in 2008, was more like a beat TeeBird; great glide, straight line, but easy to flip and turn with too much torque and bad form. My second one, purchased in 2009, has noticeably reduced glide and a solid fade. Its finish reminds me more of an Orc or better yet an Avenger. I can still get it to turn if I have a poor release.

I lost the first one, so I cannot tell you the physical differences, if there were any.

As for the River, I have a 178g Gold Line. Do not ask what possessed me to purchased such a heavy one. At that weight it flies almost identically to a TeeBird. It has a little more lateral movement, just a hair less HSS and equally just a hair more LSS. With the exact same release as a TeeBird, it can get about 5 to 10 feet more distance on the same line (370 to 400 feet). At first I hated it, but that was only because I was not trying to throw it like a TeeBird (I release flatter and higher across the chest than other drivers, something I am not comfortable doing with a wider rimmed driver). Supposedly much lighter Rivers are considerably less stable than what I have described out of mine, so apparently a huge weight jump drastically changes the disc.