• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Attn Lat 64 lovers (opinion thread)

When I got my GL River, I began boycotting Innova. I still have a couple discs that I trow, but I will never buy Innova again. I love that my Stryker is so slick, but I wax my discs up to keep them that way. It helps the throws, and makes controlling skips and slides so much easier. On the same note, I also play guitar, so my fingers are like sandpaper on their own.

I mean...
I love L64 but none of their discs made me wanna 'boycott' anybody...
And the disc waxing is just plain Frank Booth-ian

I've been really disappointed with my GL River. I bought it used and it came with a weird scuff on the rim that I've never seen any other plastic do. I throw it on a lot of my drives and at first it seemed that it was holding up fine. Until one day I was playing a round and fortunately I didnt hit any trees, but somehow it got a nice little slice in it. I havent had this problem with any of my other ESP/Star dirvers. For the price it just doesnt make sense to purchase any other GL discs. Although I am pretty happy with my Opto Fuse.

Disc waxing? WTF sounds like a waste of time.
Disc cleaning however a clean disc is a happy disc. I always clean my discs after a dirty round

I've been really disappointed with my GL River. I bought it used and it came with a weird scuff on the rim that I've never seen any other plastic do. I throw it on a lot of my drives and at first it seemed that it was holding up fine. Until one day I was playing a round and fortunately I didnt hit any trees, but somehow it got a nice little slice in it. I havent had this problem with any of my other ESP/Star dirvers. For the price it just doesnt make sense to purchase any other GL discs. Although I am pretty happy with my Opto Fuse.

I had the same problem with my striker, I have no clue how I did it, but it was like a 3/4 inch to inch long cut into the plastic leaving a flap which I just tore off. It made me a sad panda.

Have the halo Striker and riot. Halo is super overstable great for hyzer curves, Striker it flat top overstable but not as hard to turn as the halo. Riot is stable, like a champion beast.

Zero line and grip line pures. Just an awesome shallow rim putter. Stable to understable. The grip on the zero line is just amazing. One of the greatest driving putters ever in grip line. Wish they could make it in opto. Was my go to putter for quite a while. until I got the Prodiscus JOKERi.

Opto and goldline rivers. Gliiiiiiide! just love ripping these out there and just watching them glide. Also fabulous for that long sweeping anhyzer shot. With a slight hyzer flip will hold that straight line forever. Goldline is just slightly more understable.

Opto and goldline flows. These things are great for long distance. Goldline is a bit more understable than the opto. Opto can be thrown flat and low and it just cruises straight as can be. Goldline is a beautiful hyzer flip disc.

Opto Striker. Just a great stable to slightly overstable fairway driver. The harder you snap it the sraighter it is.

Opto fuse. Wow what an amazing understable mid. Hyzer flip it up and watch it glide. Or throw it flat and watch it turn and glide. Does need a little height to get the best flight.

Opto Core. Stable. Nice long and straight.

Opto pain. Straight with a little more stability than the core. Not likely to turn on you unless your form is off. Beautiful flight. Little bit deeper rim than the fuse or core.

Well on my way to an all Lat. bag. Now all I need is more cash. :)

I love my Lat 64 bag as one can see. I'm entertaining the idea of testing the gl riot, I've yet to decide. I have a complete bag now that I have the pain, so if I was to test the riot, it would be to see how similar it is to the striker. Theoretically they should be very similar given their almost identical numbers...riot is fast but with a tad less glide. Maybe it could replace the striker if it's that much similar. Anyone have any thoughts about this?

I love my Lat 64 bag as one can see. I'm entertaining the idea of testing the gl riot, I've yet to decide. I have a complete bag now that I have the pain, so if I was to test the riot, it would be to see how similar it is to the striker. Theoretically they should be very similar given their almost identical numbers...riot is fast but with a tad less glide. Maybe it could replace the striker if it's that much similar. Anyone have any thoughts about this?

every time i try to step ahead of the striker, i end up running right back to it. It is the perfect combination of stability and speed for full power 350 feet throws.

The only thing the Riot has got going for it that strikers dont is the low line shot. The things don't drop fast or air-bounce and can be kept low through a long tunnel shot. But unless the tunnel opens up wide at the end, the Riots late fade will have you inside the tree line.

The Striker cannot be replaced. The riot is stable to under, good for anny lines. The Striker is not good if you want it to hold an anny line.

I found an Opto-line River in a creek. I have trouble throwing it bc it keeps turning over for me. This happens if I back hand or forehand. It says control driver but I cant seem to get consistency out of it. I stick to the star Xcal for that reason.

Attachments

• DSCN0601.jpg
    DSCN0601.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 30
I found an Opto-line River in a creek. I have trouble throwing it bc it keeps turning over for me. This happens if I back hand or forehand. It says control driver but I cant seem to get consistency out of it. I stick to the star Xcal for that reason.

The first question I have is, are you using XCals to keep your shots straight? I was in that position two years ago. I started flipping Wraiths, Surges, and Destroyers, and thinking it was just my power increasing, I had to up it to Bosses and XCals for straight shots. What ended up happening is that I was trying too hard to keep discs straight, low, and flat. I was over-torquing the disc and in actuality was not flipping the discs, but releasing with an unintended anhyzer with too much snap for that angle. Throwing like this, only Bosses and XCals would work for me.

If this is not the case, then totally ignore what I am saying, but if it is the case, I was there two years ago and it took a conscious effort and a little online research to realize what I was doing. Purchasing a Star TeeBird and forcing myself to learn how to throw it straight, chest level with enough snap to keep straight, but not too much torque which would case my body to revert back into releasing with an anhyzer, was the best thing I did for my game.

Since then, picking up the River on a whim was the best purchase I had ever made. The River is not designed to be muscled, but finessed. Its glide is amazing, and once you figure out what it can do, you can send it on very reliable lines

The Striker cannot be replaced. The riot is stable to under, good for anny lines. The Striker is not good if you want it to hold an anny line.

A Gold Line Striker can hold a long, sweeping anhyzer if given enough speed and snap. I am working on doing this more consistently because it has enough low speed stability where it should land flat. It is all a matter of getting to it track right (rhbh) versus actually flipping.

So I agree that it is not good at it, but it can be done with some practice.

question, why do I never see any love for the Trident?

its an awesome disc.

A Gold Line Striker can hold a long, sweeping anhyzer if given enough speed and snap. I am working on doing this more consistently because it has enough low speed stability where it should land flat. It is all a matter of getting to it track right (rhbh) versus actually flipping.

So I agree that it is not good at it, but it can be done with some practice.

I can throw my striker (172 gl) on an anny line and have it land flat, that's not a problem for me. I love to throw flex shots w/it and into head wind for holes around 350ish. With the riot I'm just thinking maybe it'll be give me more distance but I'm not willing to sacrifice control. I'll have to try it out before committing to it.

I have a Trident, but for some reason the XXX took that spot. Maybe I'll give the Trident another try-out when I am playing. It was a bad disc, the XXX just felt better in my paw.

The first question I have is, are you using XCals to keep your shots straight? I was in that position two years ago. I started flipping Wraiths, Surges, and Destroyers, and thinking it was just my power increasing, I had to up it to Bosses and XCals for straight shots. What ended up happening is that I was trying too hard to keep discs straight, low, and flat. I was over-torquing the disc and in actuality was not flipping the discs, but releasing with an unintended anhyzer with too much snap for that angle. Throwing like this, only Bosses and XCals would work for me.

If this is not the case, then totally ignore what I am saying, but if it is the case, I was there two years ago and it took a conscious effort and a little online research to realize what I was doing. Purchasing a Star TeeBird and forcing myself to learn how to throw it straight, chest level with enough snap to keep straight, but not too much torque which would case my body to revert back into releasing with an anhyzer, was the best thing I did for my game.

Since then, picking up the River on a whim was the best purchase I had ever made. The River is not designed to be muscled, but finessed. Its glide is amazing, and once you figure out what it can do, you can send it on very reliable lines

I get what you are saying, but for me I feel like the xcal has a more predictable flight path. Im no pro by any means, but if i throw the river 3 times, it will land in 3 way diff spots. Its not so much a straight shot bc it will always fade to the left for my rhbh, but i know where I want it to fade so it works for my most of the time. If I do have trees or a narrow hole im trying to fit my shot thru, I will use the champ teebird. I have a boss too, but I havent masted that disc yet. I guess bc I started with a dx teerex, I am just used to big fade at the last part of the flight.

How far are you throwing that xcal? It is a really OS disc and very few people can throw it properly without a whole bunch of oat

Latest posts