• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Attn Lat 64 lovers (opinion thread)

Never thrown a vision, but I have been planning to order one and might get a diamond as well.

If I hate it, I guess I could always give it to my wife and tell her I bought her a diamond. Again haha!

Hahahaha the vision is a great disc to flip!!! I'll be getting out on Sunday so ill let you know about the Diamond.

Just picked up my first Lat 64 disc yesterday, a halo in opto plastic. Here's my initial impression.
As a thrower, silky smooth with glide for days. The angle of the inside of the rim is probably the reason for the smooth feeling and also the main reason I bought it. Allows for a much cleaner release imo. I can see this becoming my go to driver on long holes :)
Quality of the disc, surprisingly poor. Large chunks of contamination are clearly visible in many areas, including a chunk of something brownish blac measuring 3-4 mm sticking through to the surface in one spot. The gate on the bottom isn't cut anywhere near flush sticking up from 2-3mm. A few pretty ugly flow lines are scattered over the surface of the top as well. I've spent the last 12.5 years working in injection molding and from a purely cosmetic point of view this disc should have never passed.
But sine I don't work in Lat 64's quality dep I could care less what it looks like. It just kinda surprised me being a high end premium disc.
I love how the disc throws and would def buy another :)

Weird. I have a rose colored Opto halo, and it is flawless. As was my opto striker, but it was light blue. Why'd you buy one with so many imperfections and blemishes?

Two reasons,
1. Of the 6 opto halos the store had this was the only one in the weight I wanted
2. I'm not concerned with the cosmetics, just flight. Not a collector, don't care what stamp/dye my disc has, I just want to throw them :)
Besides even with the defects its still prettier than all the browned up beat to s#!t discs currently in my bag.
It just surprised me that's all.

Two reasons,
1. Of the 6 opto halos the store had this was the only one in the weight I wanted
2. I'm not concerned with the cosmetics, just flight. Not a collector, don't care what stamp/dye my disc has, I just want to throw them :)
Besides even with the defects its still prettier than all the browned up beat to s#!t discs currently in my bag.
It just surprised me that's all.

If you take a couple pics and send it to Latitude im sure they would like to see what is getting past their quality control guys

If you take a couple pics and send it to Latitude im sure they would like to see what is getting past their quality control guys

alot of lats and westsides have had these issues lately...it's a bummer

They might actually send you a few disc's just to say sorry about that disc getting past QA

Good idea, they obviously know what they're doing when it comes to designing a disc so I'd hate to see simple oversights hurt their business.

No Diamond yet? I'm actually shocked how nice it flies.....almost like the vision.

That was a way old post in reply to another way old post.

But anyway, i am a huge diamond supporter. Just prerube "jrawk" and "diamond" and you'll get a plethera of reviews and recommedations.
It is my favorite disc in my bag.

I recently started throwing my new Opto Fuse and have come to love what it can do for me. It seems like I am driving a putter. Super straight, slow and glides forever. For me it is kind of inbetween a putter an mid. It just doesn't seem as fast as a mid, but it glides/floats much longer than a putter.

I recently started throwing my new Opto Fuse and have come to love what it can do for me. It seems like I am driving a putter. Super straight, slow and glides forever. For me it is kind of inbetween a putter an mid. It just doesn't seem as fast as a mid, but it glides/floats much longer than a putter.

Oh man does it have tons of glide. On throws where I used to throw a comet the fuse just out does it and glides like a ufo to the basket. I love it!

Might have to pick up a Fuse and try it, any FH fuse throwers out there? Opinions?

if you're throwing a buzzz ss successfully FH,then you probably can throw a fuse,except the fuse rim isn't as comfy for FH's as the buzzz is,i could whip a buzzz on a forehand a pretty long ways,the fuse..not so much.

if you're throwing a buzzz ss successfully FH,then you probably can throw a fuse,except the fuse rim isn't as comfy for FH's as the buzzz is,i could whip a buzzz on a forehand a pretty long ways,the fuse..not so much.

agreed , I love my fuse but wouldn't dream of fh'ing it

Latest posts