• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Attn Lat 64 lovers (opinion thread)

What do you guys think Strikers most compare to? Eagle X? Teebird? Other?

What do you guys think Strikers most compare to? Eagle X? Teebird? Other?

my heavy gl striker acts like a slightly more understable tl. LOVE it for long s curves and straight, longish tunnel shots. also a great off-the-hill overstable choice.:thmbup:

I'm falling in love with my gold line striker which I believe was 172g which is 1 gram higher than my highest weight(easy to throw for such a high weight for me) before I owned it. It just soars so strait...a good amount of fade but very nice and easy to throw. Loving my gold line core too.

Striker

I absolutely love my opto striker. I highly recommend it. I mostly use it for narrow tee and fairway drives. stays nice and straight with minimal fade at the end. Cant wait to try out the Gold Core!

Lat64

can someone give me a rundown on the diff lat64 plastics and how they compare to others Ex: if like gold line is like star...

Gold line IS like star but way prettier
Opto is like Champ but more like CE or candy
Grip line also feels similar to star
Zero line is way cooler than any other plastic
Premiere is hard like Gateway S

Well the spike is replacing the wizard in my bag for putting/approach duties. I haven't had a chance to drive with it though even though I rarely use a putter off the tee.

I did notice the zeroline seemed to take more of a beating than my soft wizard today, maybe its just because i was banging the chains or the pole more =P Ill keep an eye on it I guess, anyone have comments on how the zeroline holds up to abuse?

I now have 3 zero spikes, the one I have used for months is getting ugly but it is just cosmetic, doesn't affect it at all flight-wise or love wise.

The GL Core is a good one. To me it is very, very similar to a Nebula. Hard to decide which one to play on a given day. Both of them are fine wind putters too. Very versatile.

I now have 3 zero spikes, the one I have used for months is getting ugly but it is just cosmetic, doesn't affect it at all flight-wise or love wise.

Yup, the same spike I questioned still flies like the day i got it. I picked up another slightly heavier spike in zeroline as well and the two feel pretty different, i love them both.

opto = grippier champ
gold = grippier star

core- rules
striker gl- awesome
trident- goofy can't figure this disc out
xXx- as advertised

haven't tried the others

Thanks, fro
i'll hafta try a fairway forehand...

rhbh = 'left turn clyde' after 150 feet

The guy at DiscNation told me to try out the Trident on their driving range. I'm pretty sure he did it just to get a laugh. They're awkward to grip and meathook right out of the gate. I still think it's awesome that a company is developing new disc with drastically different physical characteristics without looking like a joke (turbo putter).

opto = grippier champ
gold = grippier star

core- rules
striker gl- awesome
trident- goofy can't figure this disc out
xXx- as advertised

haven't tried the others

The gold line I've felt doesn't feel all that grippy. Feels closer to champ, but just looks sort of like a star like plastic. It definitely doesn't effect my throw though.

I bought 173g Blitz Opto and love it! Whatever line u give it hold's and will always fade back. I will also say it take's on a good headwind. I let some of my friends throw it, and the first thing they would say everytime, "SMOOTH"! It releases from your hand real smooth, it might be that inside wall of the rim is angled out a little. I recomend this disc for sure.

I bought 173g Blitz Opto and love it! Whatever line u give it hold's and will always fade back. I will also say it take's on a good headwind. I let some of my friends throw it, and the first thing they would say everytime, "SMOOTH"! It releases from your hand real smooth, it might be that inside wall of the rim is angled out a little. I recomend this disc for sure.

The Blitz feels good in your hand and is very consistent.

The guy at DiscNation told me to try out the Trident on their driving range. I'm pretty sure he did it just to get a laugh. They're awkward to grip and meathook right out of the gate. I still think it's awesome that a company is developing new disc with drastically different physical characteristics without looking like a joke (turbo putter).

Were you throwing it forehand or backhand? I can not backhand it