• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Austin Area Course Previews (Drone Footage)

Very nice! I have only played Circle C in Austin, but I hope to get back there one of these days so the previews are greatly appreciated!

Would it be practical to display the hole number and length at the end of the flight as well as at the beginning? Sometimes I'd get to the end of the hole fly-over, think "Ooh, that looks like a cool hole", but forget what the distance was.

Or maybe that's just me. :rolleyes:

Would it be practical to display the hole number and length at the end of the flight as well as at the beginning? Sometimes I'd get to the end of the hole fly-over, think "Ooh, that looks like a cool hole", but forget what the distance was.

Or maybe that's just me. :rolleyes:

It's definitely possible. Let me experiment with it and see if it looks okay and isn't too distracting.

Met Center is in beautiful shape right now if you plan on showcasing that course.

Moved here in october 19 and im thoroughly enjoying Austin disc golf.

Great vids

Flying Armadillo is definitely a course I'd like to do. I need to contact them and see if they're okay with it since it's a privately owned course and you have to pay to play. I'm sure we can work something out. :)

Flying Armadillo is definitely a course I'd like to do. I need to contact them and see if they're okay with it since it's a privately owned course and you have to pay to play. I'm sure we can work something out. :)

My son Michael and I own the place, so you are welcome anytime. Michael's phone number is on the FB page. There are two courses, the mini putt-putt course and the big course, so not sure if you'd like to film one or both. If you do this, please pick out a few discs from the pro shop as a token of our appreciation.

My son Michael and I own the place, so you are welcome anytime. Michael's phone number is on the FB page. There are two courses, the mini putt-putt course and the big course, so not sure if you'd like to film one or both. If you do this, please pick out a few discs from the pro shop as a token of our appreciation.

Awesome! Yeah I've played the mini course twice with my son (we did the Young at Heart event last year, and a few years ago as well) But I've never played the big course. I live up in Cedar Park, so it's a bit of a drive for me, but I absolutely love what I have played (messed around on a couple of the big holes when I was at Young At Heart). Let me see what I can get my wife to agree to, and how the weather is looking. I'm still working full time, but I'd love to get down there. :)

I saw the Bible Ridge fly through. It rekindled my memories of what an epic raw beast that course was. It seems like I may be able to revise a couple of my old reviews with these excellent videos. I look forward to seeing wellsbranch dgc. You probably don't even need to move the camera. Cheers

I also added The Highlands, which is a course I can't recommend in good conscience for a number of reasons.

8 shared baskets with 18 (actually really nice) dirt teepads to make 18 holes, the 9th basket was pulled for some reason, but navigation is a mess

Plays right through the middle of a pretty heavily trafficked park area, including a soccer field

Newly installed (since the course was first built) and even further expanded playground and swimming pool area right in the heart of play for at least 3 holes

Much of the course plays along a major road or along houses, the 3 longest holes put you in serious danger of going in the street or taking out someone's window

Most of the rest of the holes play around a large pond in the center of the park, making losing discs in the water hazard a very real possibility

For whatever reason, it's been super windy every time I've been here, minimum of 10 mph winds

And most importantly, it's an HOA course, with signs prominantly posted everywhere telling folks that they will be prosecuted for playing this course if they aren't residents

Been a while since I updated this thread.

I have since added a new version of Wilco (Williamson County Park), San Gabriel Park in Georgetown, Texas Army Trail in Houston (my brother filmed it), Westside Park in Marble Falls, Galloway Hammond Park in Burnet, Bayou Bend Park in Deer Park (my OTHER brother filmed it with his less good drone, so it's pretty rough), and just today added Wells Branch!

Man this is excellent, thank you so much for these vids. I live in Round Rock/Brushy Creek, basically 5 minutes for Cat Hollow, and less than 10 minutes to Wilco, Davis Springs, and Brushy Creek Sports Park. Brushy Creek Sports Park has been open for quite a while and I've been playing over there a ton, and what a gem that place is. For some reason it doesn't seem to get used much, mainly because it's a difficult course, but I love it. Beautiful scenery, lots of creativity with different lines. I'd recommend it for anyone, even newbs. Just go out with your putter try to hit different lines. So fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts